Valentine‘s day is around, any plans?

Don't believe in Valentines day. It's a money making racket!

When I was married, I never felt a need for a special day to tell me he loved me, I already knew that.

Why would anyone want to pay over the odds for food and flowers - I don't get it.

Have never celebrated it and never will.........does this make me sound like a grouch :hihi:

Don't do pressies-we are going to Scotland at the end of next week so saving money for that. It's our 3 year anniversary today so going out for something to eat and a drink after uni/work but don't hold much store in Valentine's Day.

We get each other cards but prefer to save money for things we actually like-like holidays and eating out-than spend it on some tat neither of us will ever use. Not being unromantic, and will probably mark the occasion by cooking a lovely meal together, but we do that a lot anyway. Lovely excuse (not that we need one) to have a nice evening together though! Just don't want cuddly toys and fakes roses. I tell him I love him every day, and him coming home with my favourite bar of chocolate at the end of a crappy normal day means much more to me than anything Clintons tries to make men believe us women want on the 14th! :)

God I sound like a right mardy bum! I'm really not, and I like celebrating it as much as anyone else, but not because it's Valentine's Day and I feel like I have to, more because I just love evenings like the one we've got planned. Nice food, beer and cuddles on the sofa with Haddock and the dog :)

Don't believe in Valentines day. It's a money making racket!

When I was married, I never felt a need for a special day to tell me he loved me, I already knew that.

Why would anyone want to pay over the odds for food and flowers - I don't get it.

Have never celebrated it and never will.........does this make me sound like a grouch :hihi:

Woohoo a fellow cynic :D I tell him I loev him every single day of the year, in lots of way. Because I really do :)

Archived