Meals our mothers cooked in the old days

Monday .....Fry up ( Tayties 'n Cabbage )

Tuesday ..Bacon n' Egg

Wednesday ..'Hash Wednesday'' ...:hihi:

Thursday ...Pie n' Peas

Friday ...Fish n' Chips

Sat n' Sun depended on the Family Budget ..but we were occasionally 'Treated ' to Beast Heart :gag: .....( 'Spring and Port Wine' often comes to mind )...:hihi::hihi:

Monday .....Fry up ( Tayties 'n Cabbage )

Tuesday ..Bacon n' Egg

Wednesday ..'Hash Wednesday'' ...:hihi:

Thursday ...Pie n' Peas

Friday ...Fish n' Chips

Sat n' Sun depended on the Family Budget ..but we were occasionally 'Treated ' to Beast Heart :gag: .....( 'Spring and Port Wine' often comes to mind )...:hihi::hihi:

used to know how to eat back then guzzie dint we lol

My great aunt used to make something called "Mockduck", from what i can remember it looked a bit like stuffing i can't really remember the taste, it may of originated from the north east.
When I was a bit younger ah ah,I used to have to go to the shops at southey,one day may gran gave me a list with two 1p ducks on it ,I thought I don't know how i'll get them home,they were very quiet,imagine my dismay when I found out that they were two chunks of seasoned stuffing!:mad::mad:

can anyone else remember eating cheese and egg, or is it just me

My Mum used to crack an egg into a buttered dish, grate cheese over the top and put it in the oven, I used to love it, and still make it myself.

Is this what you mean ?

As mentioned by others

Fry up with cold meat on Monday

Hash

Meat and tater pie with processed peas and relish

Rabbit with pancakes (then mop up the gravy with a sliced of crusty bread)

Finny haddock boiled in a bit of milk with buttered crusty bread for Saturday tea follwed by golden syrup on buttered bread

Sunday roasts with dad smelling faintly of beer

Sunday teas with the whole house smelling of cucumber and onion and tinned salmon

Tinned fruit and carnation

happy days full of lard and butter and sugar and all the things that are supposed to do you in ,guess its because we spent hours on the footy field or in the local woods rather than wired to a games machine we survived mams attempts to "poisen" us

Archived