Meals our mothers cooked in the old days

My dad got his from the fish market though:hihi: Im going to have a look on google, but as I remember it,it was cows milk bag (udder) hence the name bag, if Im wrong I will stand corrected.

While you are looking it up,have a look at bulls pizzle and see what it tells you about that,it used to be sold on the tripe stall along with chitterlings and bag.

a very long long, all I remember is what we had on sun was sliced on mon and put in a stew on wed, fish was cheap back then and so was tripe,bangers was 50%potato liver was free I think:D:D:hihi::hihi: yea right

ps beef as hit rock bott' over here is it the same in U.K

hi there flyer, i`d hoped you haven`t forgot those good meals you had

in the 1939/40s, you know where. :hihi:

But surely it must be Pig because you could only get it from a pork butcher, like that one on Hillsborough corner ?? :confused:

Tripe is the boiled lining of a cows stomach, pig bag is the boiled stomach of a pig, and chitterlings are the prepared small intestine of a pig.

can anyone else remember eating cheese and egg, or is it just me

Yeah, my mums still does this - crack an egg on a plate then put cheese round the edge and bang in the oven til the eggs cooked and the cheese is melted!!! MMmmmmmmmm Delish :)

Archived