50%+ of Labour Party funding comes from trade unions.

And as I pointed out here the premiss is false every union with a political fund by law has to ballot their membership about it every 10 years.

What's the average number of years that somebody is a member of your union?

Keep trying, me I like to put my money where my mouth is, buying ethical products and avoiding companies that do things I don't agree with. You can talk bum for as long as you wish!:hihi:

Let me make it clear, I am laughing at you! not anyone else!

queue another lie that I am laughing at people engaged in slave labour:loopy:

I think you share some of the blame because you that can't see beyond your narrow view of the world whilst laughing at those that are trying to find a solution, especially when you have no solution yourself.

Meanwhile, half of the world’s workforce earns less than 2 $ a day. 12.3 million women and men work in slavery. 200 million children under the age of 15 work instead of going to school. 2.2 million people die due to work-related accidents and diseases every year. People in developed and developing countries work more for less money, and more and more people – overwhelmingly women - are forced to make their living in the so-called informal economy, without social protection or rights and in precarious jobs. Meanwhile, companies are using the threat of outsourcing to drive down wages and hard fought for rights such as the right to collective bargaining and to strike. Trade unionists that fight these trends are dismissed, threatened, jailed and even killed.

.... and in your case laughed at...:rolleyes:

http://www.ituc-csi.org/call-to-action-for-decent-work,5517.html

You are very quick to take offence and accuse me of lieing.

Look back at what I said... I didn't accuse you of what you claim.

What is that expression about motes in eyes?

you were lying, I was only laughing at you

I said you are laughing at those that are campaigning to make a difference.

Pretty pathetic when your argument is reduction in wages to third world standards is inevitable.

Schadenfreude is an ugly emotion.

I said you are laughing at those that are campaigning to make a difference.

Pretty pathetic when your argument is about the inevitable reduction in wages to third world standards.

Schadenfreude is an ugly emotion.

and there is another one. I am only laughing at you!

The middle sentence is fab, I pay higher amounts for things to support ethical businesses and that causes a reduction in third world standards:huh:

and there is another one. I am only laughing at you!

The middle sentence is fab, I pay higher amounts for things to support ethical businesses and that causes a reduction in third world standards:huh:

People can make their own minds up rather than you rewriting history.

And that is what they do, that is why they try to keep the cost of employing someone low and the business taxes low:hihi:

Poverty pay hahahaha so funny :loopy:

Your arguments so inconsistent and contradictory you seem to have forgotten what you are arguing.

And as I pointed out here the premiss is false every union with a political fund by law has to ballot their membership about it every 10 years. ?

What's the average number of years that somebody is a member of your union?

What is your inside leg trouser measurement?

32 inches. What's yours?

I am told that the average length of membership of your union is less than 4 years. Yet you only ask your members every 10 if they want to give financial support to political parties.

That's not democracy for the working man is it?

Which unions ballot their membership on whether they want to provide financial support to political parties?

32 inches. What's yours?

I am told that the average length of membership of your union is less than 4 years. Yet you only ask your members every 10 if they want to give financial support to political parties.

That's not democracy for the working man is it?

Which unions ballot their membership on whether they want to provide financial support to political parties?

They get asked when they join if they want to contribute to the political fund. They can opt out whenever they want. They can go through the democratic process to overturn decisions every National Conference. The Political fund needs to be renewed by secret ballot every 10 years.

The only thing undemocratic things in that arrangement are that they can opt out (if only we could all opt out of democratic decision hey) and the requirement for a ballot every ten years. Both of which are imposed on the union by the law and both of which are included to try to reduce funding to the labour party.

You really don't get it do you... :help:

Ps Whatever you think you know about me is false, and I think an ex-Admin trying to make this personal is pretty low.

Archived