50%+ of Labour Party funding comes from trade unions.

No, it's not 'simple as', or we'd all be working class apart from the aristocracy. Class has far less to do with employment than it has to do with family background, education and social skills.

If you say it's not I suspect it's because that's the way you want it.

You claim that banks, financiers and those who work for them want to remain in this country - yet whenever the discussion of their profits, salaries and bonuses and their role in the banking crisis they spit their dummy out and threaten to go offshore. Not very democratic - or patriotic

Millions of working people choose to be in a trade union, choose to make a party donation and vote to elect leaders who they want to represent them.

You also assume that the interests of the financial elite are the same as the vast majority of other people in this country. I don't think they are at all

I didn't claim they wanted to stay. However if they didn't they would have left. If we penalise them too much they will leave. Some people think that would be a good thing but it would put many more people out of work and the country would lose a lot money and a major sector of the economy as a result. Its very short sighted to think lets penalise them till they go.

The banks do not have to be patriotic or democratic they are businesses, and if they will make more money for their shareholders by leaving then why shouldn't they?

You can define yourself as middle class if you want because you eat olives and drink chateau La feet, but it is irrelevant to the sense and context it is being used here. Trade unions represent all workers. Anyone that works is in that sense working class.

Clearly bull!

They represent a section of workers. If that is your definition of workling class then we only have the working class, aristocracy and doleys.

I think you have decided on your own definition of working class to fit what you are trying to claim.

Clearly bull!

They represent a section of workers. If that is your definition of workling class then we only have the working class, aristocracy and doleys.

I think you have decided on your own definition of working class to fit what you are trying to claim.

Unions represent the section of workers that are members... that goes from unskilled labour right the way up to Professionals.

If you think that bull, then that probably explains why your comments about unions are so odd.

The banks do not have to be patriotic or democratic they are businesses, and if they will make more money for their shareholders by leaving then why shouldn't they?

All the people's jobs that are lost would be the obvious answer.

You don't seem to get empathy.

Unions represent the section of workers that are members... that goes from unskilled labour right the way up to Professionals.

If you think that bull, then that probably explains why your comments about unions are so odd.

you have agreed, they don't represent all workers. They only represent the workers that join them.

All the people's jobs that are lost would be the obvious answer.

You don't seem to get empathy.

Why should a business protect jobs over making a profit. I totally get empathy but I understand that a business does not have to have it. If the banks customers choose to move to a business that promotes ethical banking then that is up to the customer and the banks will lose out. Until then why would anyone expect them to be patriotic. That is just laughable.

you have agreed, they don't represent all workers. They only represent the workers that join them.

they do legally represent all workers when it comes to H&S even the freeloaders .but that is beside the point and why i said working class and not all workers.

Why should a business protect jobs over making a profit. I totally get empathy but I understand that a business does not have to have it. If the banks customers choose to move to a business that promotes ethical banking then that is up to the customer and the banks will lose out. Until then why would anyone expect them to be patriotic. That is just laughable.

It is sad that you see no place for morality or law in business transactions, because that is the meaning of your argument. An extremist immoral view of the way business operates divorced from history or reality. In democracies profits are made within man made structures, legal frameworks for mutual benefit. Your viewpoint undemocratic.

Archived