Why don't forum users check when a thread was first posted

Lately I have read a lot of threads that have been added to by users when the post was first started a few years ago.

What they are adding to the post is all good but not any use when the op needed advice 2 years ago.

just a thought - check when the first post was started before adding your bit.

:wink::wink::wink:

Lately I have read a lot of threads that have been added to by users when the post was first started a few years ago.

What they are adding to the post is all good but not any use when the op needed advice 2 years ago.

Yes but someone that has joined since the original two years ago might be looking for answers to the same problem that has come up for them......and they are doing what they're supposed to do when there is already a thread in existance on the same subject.

Would you also complain if there were several threads about the same subject week after week ? I'd put money on it.

Forum rules, well it's not really a rule more etiquette, requests that user's search the existing threads for the answers they seek prior to starting a new one, in case their query has already been answered.

Yes some threads are brought back from the beyond by "trolls" who are just seeking attention. The one thing you shouldn't do in this case is feed that troll as it encourages them.

Ironically this is what you've just done by starting this thread & quite possibly equally ironic of myself by replying to you as it's entirely possible that you're a troll yourself.

Archived