Hotel check-in on wedding day?

Hi

We're getting married at Bradfield Village hall in August and had planned to stay in a hotel on our wedding night. How do I go about checking into a hotel on the day, when for most hotels you can't check in before midday, and we get married at 1.30. Would you be able to arrange an earlier check-in? Would I pack a bag of all the stuff I thought wanted the next day and leave it at the hotel? I can see it being complicated.

Would I just have to book it for the night before too?

The other option is, I've found a little holiday cottage across the road from the venue (Bradfield village hall) Its only simple and not exactly romantic or luxurious, but my parents and I could stay there the night before and get ready there (handy) then they clear off and stay elsewhere on the night so its just me and OH in the cottage (they'd stay at my house so then they don't have the check-in problem either). This would be nice cos me and my Dad could walk to the wedding (just across road) and I think that would be really sweet.

I'm going to book the cottage anyway cos some I know some part the family can stay in it.

Any ideas?

We get married at 1.30.

Archived