Are jehovahs witnesses a mind control cult

i just want to stress im not anti jw i will continue to take my wife to meetings and sit through them with her as she is dependant on me to do this for her its just my hearts not in it

Why not just drop her off and go for a bite to eat (or do something else)?

Read my other posts and you will know...I was saying there are positives for the OP's wife obviously as she still wishes to continue...I do not wish to argue rights and wrongs about beliefs and have not anywhere, but what I really do dislike is narrow mindedness no matter where that comes from, I have known a lot of Jehovah's witnesses that have been really warm, loving and wonderful people, that is the other side of the coin, there is more to a person than their religion.

Can I ask if you are a JW, Moonbird? Most of your other posts seem to be about pets of one type or another. In fact from my rather rudimentary research - conducted because I've just noticed you are a mod and yet I've never seen your name before - it would seem this thread is by far the most active you've been on any non-animal thread for some time.

Why not just drop her off and go for a bite to eat (or do something else)?

she needs me there incase she has a turn or panic attack as entering crowded rooms or places has a effect on her mood and she can go high as well this is due to her bi polar. it seems to keep her happy if i just go, so i do

but there allways seems a pressure to do more

...I was saying there are positives for the OP's wife obviously as she still wishes to continue...

Are you for real???? :confused:

The OP states clearly that my wifes mental state is being exasperated because she is viewing life as hopeless because im going to die and she doesnt want to live after armageddon (the destruction of non jehovahs witnesses)without me

That is why she wants to continue going. Because she is terrified of living after the 'armageddon' without her husband who will die as a non-believer. :roll:

She is bi-polar and her mental state is being made worse by the crap she is being fed by this cult.

And you describe this as positive?

If you're making a point here it's one that eludes me.

The point being as you have said yourself; you have no option when it comes to eating and drinking which is compulsory. Religion however is not compulsory and if it is a loving caring religion it does a lot of good and causes no harm.

By your own admission religion is good.

Are you for real???? :confused:

The OP states clearly that my wifes mental state is being exasperated because she is viewing life as hopeless because im going to die and she doesnt want to live after armageddon (the destruction of non jehovahs witnesses)without me

That is why she wants to continue going. Because she is terrified of living after the 'armageddon' without her husband who will die as a non-believer. :roll:

She is bi-polar and her mental state is being made worse by the crap she is being fed by this cult.

And you describe this as positive?

You are reading it wrong. She loves her husband and wants to be with him forever.

At least that is the way I read it.

Archived