Are jehovahs witnesses a mind control cult

Aren't you a bright one?

Just go to The Office pub, first friday in every month and watch/listen to the coolest jova play the blues. I need not say the mans name and he's never tried to convert me in conversation. Well he converted me to listening to blues and rocknroll.

I have just done a google on brainwashing and top of the list was television.

Here is just one video out of many

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRt9on2hkA&feature=related

Strange, when I googled Brainwashing, the top video was an EXTREMELY disturbing one about evangelical jesus camp.

This is the vid:

Don't get me wrong, TV is a powerful influence on those susceptable to suggestion. I personally don't watch TV either, but it's more to do with the lack of decent content since the advent of "Reality TV" shows :gag:

(Also, Grahame, did you even bother to look at the video you posted a link to??)

Hello shandi, I would know if I watched television but I am very discriminating in my viewing. The media is a very powerful tool for influencing people which it does in millions. :(

Information enters our brains through our fives senses which some people call "gateways" so TV uses the eye-gate and the ear-gate while reading a newspaper only uses the eye-gate which means TV has double the influence.

The thing about my kind of belief is that the message is good and life enhancing which isn't always the case with TV, violence for example can harden the heart and even make it acceptable and that's only violence. :rant:

The other thing is that what you and I do is something we have made a considered decision about, also we debate with others and make our own minds up as you have demonstrated in this thread and even though I have reservations about the teaching of the Watchtower Organisation I wish you and yours well and may God bless you in a very rich and wonderful way.

The act of brainwashing in the jesus video is using sound, sight AND touch, that's TRIPLE the influence :o

Strange, when I googled Brainwashing, the top video was an EXTREMELY disturbing one about evangelical jesus camp.

This is the vid:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LACyLTsH4ac

Don't get me wrong, TV is a powerful influence on those susceptable to suggestion. I personally don't watch TV either, but it's more to do with the lack of decent content since the advent of "Reality TV" shows :gag:

(Also, Grahame, did you even bother to look at the video you posted a link to??)

The act of brainwashing in the jesus video is using sound, sight AND touch, that's TRIPLE the influence :o

Think about what you just said next time you make love and ask yourself if you are being brainwashed.

Think about what you just said next time you make love and ask yourself if you are being brainwashed.

You're right, my wife has brainwashed me into thinking I love her and want to have sex with her!! :o

She didn't instill fear and a huge guilt complex into me as a child though, or work me up into a nervous wreck speaking in tongues like in the jesus camp video.

(well, maybe sometimes the last bit happens ;))

You're right, my wife has brainwashed me into thinking I love her and want to have sex with her!! :o

She didn't instill fear and a huge guilt complex into me as a child though, or work me up into a nervous wreck speaking in tongues like in the jesus camp video.

(well, maybe sometimes the last bit happens ;))

So there you are, no brainwashing. And if you take your wife to the cinema to see a love story, or even Coronation Street and she gets emotional then she is being brainwashed! :loopy:

So there you are, no brainwashing. And if you take your wife to the cinema to see a love story, or even Coronation Street and she gets emotional then she is being brainwashed! :loopy:

So.....

1.You're saying that TV is brainwashing

2.Jesus Camp (the one in the vid) isn't

3.Sex is, but in your next post it isn't

4.Coronation street isn't, apart from that it's on TV, which is

5.You're using the loopy smily for ME?

So.....

1.You're saying that TV is brainwashing

2.Jesus Camp (the one in the vid) isn't

3.Sex is, but in your next post it isn't

4.Coronation street isn't, apart from that it's on TV, which is

5.You're using the loopy smily for ME?

I am saying that TV influences people. (Brainwashing)

I am also saying that using your senses (sound, sight, touch and taste) as in eating a meal for example is not brain washing, you said it was.

I'm not arguing any more as you take things out of context.

I am saying that TV influences people. (Brainwashing)

I am also saying that using your senses (sound, sight, touch and taste) as in eating a meal for example is not brain washing, you said it was.

I'm not arguing any more as you take things out of context.

Correct, you are not arguing, you're just contradicting yourself.

It's all in plain text for anyone to see :D

And can you please show me where I said that using your senses is brainwashing?

Correct, you are not arguing, you're just contradicting yourself.

It's all in plain text for anyone to see :D

And can you please show me where I said that using your senses is brainwashing?

<snip>

Now give over.

As usual, you are twisting someone's words to try and back up your claims.

This is what I ACTUALLY said, which is very different:

And basically the same as what you said here:

Information enters our brains through our fives senses which some people call "gateways" so TV uses the eye-gate and the ear-gate while reading a newspaper only uses the eye-gate which means TV has double the influence.

Now, are you going to show me where I said that using your senses is brainwashing, or are you going to apologise for making up yet MORE stuff about me?

Archived