Are jehovahs witnesses a mind control cult

I agree. but what im sayin is not everyones the same, so they at least deserve benefit of the doubt

To be fair, I think the majority of world religions have been given the benefit of the doubt - the Abrahamic faiths and their related off-shoots have had thousands of years to produce some evidence. We have none.

Ah, they came around to our house today.

They have free will, of course. But despite that they were really cautious when I asked them if they'd do my usual deal - I read whatever they give me to read about their beliefs, if they agree to read whatever I give them to read about my beliefs. Not surprisingly, they didn't agree to read The God Delusion.

Still, it was all good fun asking them the usual, obvious questions. Some interesting answers too - it was loving of God to kill all the first born males in Egypt. I didn't know the word 'love' could be used in that way until today.

You learn something from everybody.

They paid us a visit recently. We were just returning from the shops and I was rummaging in the boot of the car, when my wife caught them about the knock on the door.

Wife: "Can I help you?"

JW: "Ooo, I can see you're busy, can we just leave this with you?"

Wife takes hold of some literature about evilution.

JW: "You won't believe how many atheists there are round here".

Wife: "Yes, I'm one and so is my husband over there".

As I stepped onto the drive with the shopping I just saw the two old ladies disappearing at such a speed they were just a blur.

:hihi:

Yep. Except this would be based in reality as opposed to the words of a sky wizard.

The Ten Commandments seem very sensible and reality based to me. It just depends who your god is. Everyone has one.

1. To have no other gods besides football.

2. To make no images of anything except football and not to worship them.

3. Not to use the name of football for evil purposes.

4. To observe the Saturday football game and keep it holy.

5. To respect one's father and mother.

6. Not to commit murder.

7. Not to commit adultery.

8. Not to commit theft.

9. Not to give false evidence.

10. Not to be covetous.

I think all religions can have a dangerous cultish side to them .what I disagree with is how they move in on people who are at a low emotional ebb and try to peddle the fact that this or that religion will solve their problems.I'm sure JW are no different in that.Once religion stops you having your OWN thoughts and views, that's the time to run away.

I think all religions can have a dangerous cultish side to them .Waht I disagree with is how they move in on people who are at a low emotional ebb and try to peddle the fact that this or that religion will solve their problems.I'm sure JW are no different in that.Once religion stops you having your OWN thoughts and views, that's the time to run away.

My post above is my own thoughts. I have lots of them. :D

What I find sickening about the 10 commandments is that there is no mention of rape or slavery.

They have rules about what days you can work and what words you can say, but no prohibition of these two heinous crimes.

Rape would be adultery and wanting a slave would be like wanting your neighbours donkey the 10th commandment which is about coveting things.

Archived