Are jehovahs witnesses a mind control cult

Does that mean you are not going to live by them?

1. No

2. No

3. No

4. No

5. Yes, because they deserve it, not because of some divine ruling.

6. Yes, only a psychopath needs rules for this one.

7. Yes, only a psychopath needs rules for this one.

8. Yes, only a psychopath needs rules for this one.

9. Blaagghhh.

10. Blaagghhh.

Besides, the "Golden Rule" covers 5 - 10 plus many other admirable ways to get along as well.

So there, the 10C are rubbish.

The Ten Commandments seem very sensible and reality based to me. It just depends who your god is. Everyone has one.

We've gone over this before in the other threads you got closed, NO not everybody has gods.

I don't watch football, I don't worship any celebrities, I don't even have any role models to admire.

I love music but it's not my god.

So you never immersed yourself in football and made it your life?

No.

Do you think many people have?

(I'm not Bert Trautmann the famous ex-footballer you know - do people really think I might be? Perhaps I'd better ask the mods to change my username - never occuured to me that people might think I was actually him)

No.

Do you think many people have?

(I'm not Bert Trautmann the famous ex-footballer you know - do people really think I might be? Perhaps I'd better ask the mods to change my username - never occuured to me that people might think I was actually him)

Yes, I did think that which is why I inserted football because to be a really great footballer you need to think, work, live, play, eat, breath and sleep football. In other words you need to focus on whatever it is at the centre of your life and you cannot be sidetracked like I was with girls when I should have been studying and this is why the first few commandments focus on God because for things to be right with the world we need to have Him at the centre of our life and the rest will fall into place and I know this because I am speaking from personal experience. The thing is, if you put football at the centre of you life then hopefully football related things begin to fall into place but if you put God at the centre of your life then your whole life starts to fall into place. :)

Yes, I did think that which is why I inserted football because to be a really great footballer you need to think, work, live, play, eat, breath and sleep football. In other words you need to focus on whatever it is at the centre of your life and you cannot be sidetracked like I was with girls when I should have been studying and this is why the first few commandments focus on God because for things to be right with the world we need to have Him at the centre of our life and the rest will fall into place and I know this because I am speaking from personal experience. The thing is, if you put football at the centre of you life then hopefully football related things begin to fall into place but if you put God at the centre of your life then your whole life starts to fall into place. :)

You are preaching again, but, on a serious note:

How does someone who doesn't believe in a god, put said god in the centre of their life? I am interested. Obviously there ARE people out there that would like to believe in one, how should they go about doing it?

EDIT: are you saying you think everything is right with the world?

Just to be clear, I'm not Patrick McGoohan, or a prisoner, or some called 'Number 6'.

I think generally people are happier when they have something to focus on. I don't think that makes some things 'God', and nor do I think your personal experience is any kind of proof.

Archived