Are jehovahs witnesses a mind control cult

well to tell you the truth im a little confused ,im not all knowing just human ive been a jehovahs witness but when my wife got bi polar disorder they treat us like for the want of a better phras like leppers , i wanted people who had experience of jehovahs witnesses to give there experience not to slate or such just genuine personal experience

If you are a Jehovah's witness then you will know the rules that they live by surely, the ones that I know would certainly never ostracise anyone for an illness that they cannot help, unless there is more to it than that?

I suggest that you ask them yourself why, I am sure that someone will tell you.

I witnessed a Jehovas witness mother denying her child a blood transfusion , the child was suffering from a brain tumour and was about 12 years old. He was screaming with pain. The childs father interceded and threw her out when he got to the hospital and signed the consent forms. That child grew up healthy and is married with his own children. That child is my step brother.

I loathe them all.

I witnessed a Jehovas witness mother denying her child a blood transfusion , the child was suffering from a brain tumour and was about 12 years old. He was screaming with pain. The childs father interceded and threw her out when he got to the hospital and signed the consent forms. That child grew up healthy and is married with his own children. That child is my step brother.

I loathe them all.

thanks for your input thats what im after genuine experiences

some people are still ok with her some arent so its not that clear cut , by the way my wife still wants to be a jehovahs witness im not so certain

Perhaps this is a case of people (human beings) being scared of an illness which they don't understand...which is terrible for you and your Wife I am sure and I would never defend that, sadly a lot of people are afraid of mental illness and don't know how to deal with it.

Jehovah's witnesses are just people too with all the same old human frailties :(

If it makes your Wife happy and it helps her to cope with life then it can't be so bad can it?

I am talking from genuine experience too, but sadly I can only speak in the positive, and you may not want that I fear.

some people are still ok with her some arent so its not that clear cut , by the way my wife still wants to be a jehovahs witness im not so certain

Life is never that clear cut :( Like moonbird has said it could be borne out of fear of something they do not understand. That is not necessarily a "bad" thing just one of the faults associated with being human.

Is there no one among your group you can talk to for support, aside from your wife obviously?

Archived