Are jehovahs witnesses a mind control cult

I'm not a lover of the Jehovah Witnesses as many of you will know but neither am I a lover of the Media who control our minds, I'm not a lover of substances that take control of our bodies like drugs, alcohol and cigarettes, and neither do I like being controlled in my daily life regarding how I drive or how others control us all for example the police, school teachers, our managers at work, health and safety and the politically correct etc.

If you want to talk about being dependent then remember the sick and their carers, children and their parents, and the aforementioned drugs, alcohol and cigarettes which those who use become dependent on and that they use voluntarily. Many of these things are harmful including some parents who have been known to kill their children and likewise some in the medical profession.

Perhaps a sense of proportion is needed.

My philosophy in life is to give everything a miss that is harmful and to have a kind, compassionate and caring attitude towards others which unfortunately today is often lacking.

I'm not a lover of substances that take control of our bodies like drugs, alcohol and cigarettes,

or, indeed, food and water?

and neither do I like being controlled in my daily life regarding how I drive or how others control us all for example the police, school teachers, our managers at work, health and safety and the politically correct etc.

You're turning into an anarchist, Grahame!

@shandi, I'm curious, why do you want the experiences of other people?

Would that influence what you decide to do, one way or the other? Are you looking to other people for strength and guidance?

I think this is often the case with some religious people, they put authority outside of themselves, it's the opposite of self-trust, and self-empowerment (both of which are very good things).

Maybe it's time to stop looking away from yourself, to an external 'authority' and choose for yourself, what's right for you and your loved ones.

Trust yourself.

Trust yourself.

Unfortunately that's not always easy when your whole life has consisted of other people deciding what is wrong and what is right. This is made especially hard when the source is a dogmatic religious viewpoint where there is no apparent logic to the belief system.

Rejecting that very authoritarian lifestyle will often leave you with no real framework in which to make moral decisions.

And that is made even harder when your family and social group are part of the same weird belief system.

Good luck, and try your best to get your wife free of these people too. At least you will have each other as a basis to start a free life. :)

John X

You're right John.

Not easy; and perhaps it helps to see it (and yourself) as a process. Wherever you are in life, to take small steps towards regaining your power, and trusting yourself.

Just starting to be aware of the group dynamics, and how you fit in to that, and how that all effects you. A realisation of the true nature of the group, is perhaps the first step along the road to freedom.

Wonder if there are any support groups for this kind of thing?

as the title reads im really interested , not wanting to argue just to know peoples personal experiences , i am a dissolutioned jehovahs witness

As I thought you just wanted to drum up anti Jehovah's witness feeling, only interested in the negative and ignore the positive...is that not as narrow minded as you think that they are?

My advice to you is to follow your heart and live your own life...but don't blame others for living theirs and following their beliefs.

As I thought you just wanted to drum up anti Jehovah's witness feeling, only interested in the negative and ignore the positive...is that not as narrow minded as you think that they are?

My advice to you is to follow your heart and live your own life...but don't blame others for living theirs and following their beliefs.

I don't think the OP is trying to "blame" anyone. They just asked a question. Lots of people do on SF.

The debate might start with a biased premise, but most do.

And I deplore this 'respect the nonsense if it's a sincere belief' line. Nonsense is nonsense, no matter how much, or how many, people believe it to be otherwise.

I don't think the OP is trying to "blame" anyone. They just asked a question. Lots of people do on SF.

The debate might start with a biased premise, but most do.

And I deplore this 'respect the nonsense if it's a sincere belief' line. Nonsense is nonsense, no matter how much, or how many, people believe it to be otherwise.

Well I am sorry that you deplore respecting other peoples beliefs, it is nonsense in your opinion but that is obviously not the case in theirs and you are only really in the position to judge what is nonsense for yourself and not for others!

and the positives are? :confused:

John X

Read my other posts and you will know...I was saying there are positives for the OP's wife obviously as she still wishes to continue...I do not wish to argue rights and wrongs about beliefs and have not anywhere, but what I really do dislike is narrow mindedness no matter where that comes from, I have known a lot of Jehovah's witnesses that have been really warm, loving and wonderful people, that is the other side of the coin, there is more to a person than their religion.

Archived