Visiting London - Chelsea FC

You've got a few museums nearby, Science Museum, V&A, Natural History Museum etc.

I don't think a one year old would be bothered about the museums. The street entertainers on the south bank near the London Eye are good if the weather is fine, also Covent Garden for the same. Theres the London Aquarium next to the Eye too, not been, but it's on our list. HMS Belfast is good, but maybe not for a one year old.

These are all a tube ride away from where your staying, avoid the tube at rush hour, I was stood waiting for 30 minutes on Monday morning to get into Victoria Tube Station!

I'm not sure if a child of one will have a fare to pay on the train, but a Friends and Family Railcard is a good option.

Get a 2 for 1 booklet from the train station, or google london 2 for 1, full of places to visit and if you show your train tickets you can make use of the 2 for 1 offers.
Oo - I'd forgotten about that, but I don't think we're entitled to those when travelling on a staff pass :(

We're planning to visit London by train soon, and will be staying in the hotel attached to Chelsea's ground, so what is nearby that we can see and keep a 1yr old child entertained?

Any recommendations for food places would be good too :)

(the hound will be staying with friends, so at least we're not looking for 'dog-friendly' on this trip ;) )

She's 1 year old already :o

We're planning to visit London by train soon, and will be staying in the hotel attached to Chelsea's ground, so what is nearby that we can see and keep a 1yr old child entertained?

Any recommendations for food places would be good too :)

(the hound will be staying with friends, so at least we're not looking for 'dog-friendly' on this trip ;) )

food places, Edgeware road is probably the best place reachable by tube.

Agree with above, Street Entertainers is a good shout and there's a little playground next to them and aquarium next to that and them Maccy D's :)

I've taken my youngest in a pushchair on the tube with no problems.

There are things for all ages at the museums, even a 1 year old.

Archived