Electric Cars and your views on them

I was parked up a couple of weekend ago in the City of London and the car parks there all seem to have a fairly large number of bays equipped with power cords for quick charging. Free of charge too for the electric, although you have to pay for the parking. Mind you for driving there even for a meeting that's going to be a couple of hours charge you get which will take you a fair way.

The new Focus electric for next year is rumoured to have a three hundered mile range, so such a scheme would easily let me do Leeds to London and back with only a couple of hours top up. It's almost worth considering.

The new Focus electric for next year is rumoured to have a three hundered mile range, so such a scheme would easily let me do Leeds to London and back with only a couple of hours top up. It's almost worth considering.

Unless you put the radio on...or the heater.

Then the range will drop :D

And if the batteries are anything like the ones in my Dell, they'll be dead after a year :D

I'm all for greener motoring, but I don't think Electric is it. The instant charge capacitor idea that Teslar are working on sounds interesting, but still reliant on an external power source.

Today the international community are getting together to work an industry sound that electric car will have to make. I can see this being the new mobile phone , so we will have cars that make sounds of a tiger tank or latest mp3 while driving.

Today the international community are getting together to work an industry sound that electric car will have to make. I can see this being the new mobile phone , so we will have cars that make sounds of a tiger tank or latest mp3 while driving.

I vote it should be Meg Ryan from that scene in When Harry met Sally...

Now that would make heads turn. :hihi:

Archived