Help with woman seeking asylum

I know that most of the regulat contributors to this forum will be aware of the terrible death of David Kato, a prominent human rights activist who suffered a terrible death recently after a newspaper had printed his photo with the instruction to 'HANG THEM' (homosexuals).

You may not be aware that Brenda Namigadde, a lesbian woman seeking asylum in the UK has been threatened with been sent back to face Uganda to a similar fate of David Kato. Naturally she is petrified of being sent back, after living here for 8 years.

I've linked a petition for Brenda to be allowed to stay in the U.K. on grounds of compassion.

http://www.change.org/petitions/stop-deportation-of-brenda-namigadde---ugandan-lesbian-in-the-uk

I know that most of the regulat contributors to this forum will be aware of the terrible death of David Kato, a prominent human rights activist who suffered a terrible death recently after a newspaper had printed his photo with the instruction to 'HANG THEM' (homosexuals).

You may not be aware that Brenda Namigadde, a lesbian woman seeking asylum in the UK has been threatened with been sent back to face Uganda to a similar fate of David Kato. Naturally she is petrified of being sent back, after living here for 8 years.

I've linked a petition for Brenda to be allowed to stay in the U.K. on grounds of compassion.

http://www.change.org/petitions/stop-deportation-of-brenda-namigadde---ugandan-lesbian-in-the-uk

Why on earth have you decided to turn to the forum to ask for help on this issue? This is the last place I would ask for help in a situation like this - being the racist, bigoted hotbed that it is. :(

That said, I hope the support you do get from here will help the cause. No-one should be treated in this way in the modern world. I was very sad to read about Kato's case. Sadly he's not alone.

I find it disturbing that you did know the facts regarding this woman before asking for support for her to be allowed to stay.

Archived