Help with woman seeking asylum

If we grant asylum to everyone who disagrees with the laws of their land then of course we are leaving ourselves wide open to daft fraudulent asylum claims. They know the laws when they grow up there so they should abide by them or face the consequences. I dont like driving at 70mph on the motorway but I'm not going to claim asylum in Germany!

There is a bit of difference though isn't there? You're hardly likely to get lynched or executed for breaking the UK speed limits.

It seems to me that people don't want foreigners in the UK, that is until it's somebody they know or can I dentify with. For example, MPs say immigration has to be cut but they still fight immigration cases for their constituents.

It's the presssures.

Such as the pressure on social housing.

Invite a million to Sheffield, by all means, just build 1million and 1 houses first.

Don't do things at the expense of the host nation's living standards.

Or start factory production of housing in the UK for export.

There is a bit of difference though isn't there? You're hardly likely to get lynched or executed for breaking the UK speed limits.

No but the point I'm making is that a law is a law and if you decide to break it you should expect to pay the consequences and not just move to another country where the law is more to your taste.

It's the presssures.

Such as the pressure on social housing.

Invite a million to Sheffield, by all means, just build 1million and 1 houses first.

Don't do things at the expense of the host nation's living standards.

Or start factory production of housing in the UK for export.

Agree with you 100% except its much worse than that in reality. If you invite a million to Sheffield, it will be 3 million by the next generation so you dont just need a million and 1 houses, you would need 3 million and 3!

No but the point I'm making is that a law is a law and if you decide to break it you should expect to pay the consequences and not just move to another country where the law is more to your taste.

Around 5% of any population is gay... being true to themselves is a huge difference from driving too fast.

Around 5% of any population is gay... being true to themselves is a huge difference from driving too fast.

I'm not saying the law is a fair law but surely thats what lobbying and protesting are for - to bring about change in the law. Running away wont solve anything and the law will never get changed, they'll just keep turning up here instead.

What percentage of any population is paedophilic?

Should we take an enlightened approach and let the global paedophile population be true to themselves here?

The number of asylum seekers in the UK is less than in many other european countries, despute us being a natural place to want to come to, what with our commonwealth history and international popularity of our language.

The problems with the system, arise from a lack of investment in it and the harsh and punitive ill will partial news reports and coverage instill in us.

People who's houses are burned down, driven out of their country and who we know will face persecution on their return routinely extradicted.

Asylum seekers and the expressed attitudes towards them speak volumes about the people prepared to pass comment on partial information.

I'm not saying the law is a fair law but surely thats what lobbying and protesting are for - to bring about change in the law. Running away wont solve anything and the law will never get changed' date=' they'll just keep turning up here instead.[/quote']

I agree with you Mel's Mum. Although I do not agree with the law in Uganda that persecutes homosexuals, the homosexuals of Uganda know the law and that they will be persecuted if found out, therefore 'outing' yourself is probably not a good idea in Uganda. I don't like it, but at the end of the day, if they do 'out' themselves, they paint a target on their own back.

Archived