Help with woman seeking asylum

As the OP of this thread I do feel foolish for posting an appeal for a woman who as the link on post #7 states was apparently fraudulent. I first became aware of her plight when I'd read about the terrible murder David Kato, but hadn't read the Telegraph a few days previous which contained the judge's summing up.

Having said that, David Kato's murder and the reporting of this woman's case has shone a light on the dreadful human rights abuses in Uganda. And I can't imagine that she will be treated with any compassion by the authorities when she returns....

As the OP of this thread I do feel foolish for posting an appeal for a woman who as the link on post #7 states was apparently fraudulent. I first became aware of her plight when I'd read about the terrible murder David Kato, but hadn't read the Telegraph a few days previous which contained the judge's summing up.

Having said that, David Kato's murder and the reporting of this woman's case has shone a light on the dreadful human rights abuses in Uganda. And I can't imagine that she will be treated with any compassion by the authorities when she returns....

Yes, it's a nasty world we live in!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Uganda

It's a terrible situation in Uganda. It's awful that bogus applicants seek to exploit good natured compassionate people like yourself too. :)

I can understand totally why you would sympathise - sometimes we only get to know part of the picture.

I think people misunderstand what I've said about her case being stronger because she has been here a long time. I didn't say it is more believable, just that the immigration judge obviously believes she has grounds for appeal. That might not have happened had her case been dealt with as soon as her application was made.

Since 2007 the processing of new cases has been much quicker, but there is still an unknown number of older cases that have not yet been resolved.

There is information about how applications for asylum are dealt with here for anyone who wants to know how it works: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/asylum/process/

Moral of the story is, do not beleive everyone is as honest and has the same principles as yourself.

The woman deserves no ones compassion, she has created her own problems whilst preying on the good and sympathetic nature of others such as yourself.

Archived