String quartett hire

Most professional outfits will charge at LEAST four hundred quid, probably more like about 600 (if they are all 'jobbing' musicians then this will be one of their main sources of income, so expect them to charge quite a lot).

However I used to be in a string quartet when I was at school and we occasionally did weddings and charged a lot less than that, so it might be worth trying to go about it this way -do you know any musicians in sheffield? They might be able to put you in touch with a more amateur group, who will still play to an excellent standard. Unfortunately I've lost touch with the music scene a little bit so don't have any contacts to pass on. Another way to do it might be to google 'amateur orchestras sheffield' and contact the orchestras (such as Sheffield Phil) and see if any of their members might wish to do it. Also Sheffield uni music department might be a good place to try, email them and ask if you can put a notice out.

Hope that helps?

Archived