SEAT Leon help advice

Most Seat / VW / Audi / Skoda have total closure systems.

Pressing and holding the open / close button on the remote will either unlock the car and start to lower all the electric windows; or if the car is already open it will lock the car and close all the windows.

Perhaps the button on your remote has accidentally been depressed?

This could also be a CCM problem. The module that controls all of the "comfort" features of the car, electric windows, seats, sunroof, lights etc.

I would suggest taking it to a dealership and getting them to check the software on the unit as there has been an couple of mk5 and 6 golfs that this has happened on, and a software update tends to sort the problem out.

Most Seat / VW / Audi / Skoda have total closure systems.

Pressing and holding the open / close button on the remote will either unlock the car and start to lower all the electric windows; or if the car is already open it will lock the car and close all the windows.

Perhaps the button on your remote has accidentally been depressed?

It sounds feasible as the keys were in my handbag along with my make up, perfume, purse, mars bar, needle & thread, mobile phone, spanners, elastoplats, emergency womens things, mirror, welding tackle and tow rope.

Unfortunately the handbook seems to cover a totally different car from the one I bought. I'll see how it goes. I don't want to look a total numpty by going in to a dealer only to be told I sat on my car keys.

It sounds feasible as the keys were in my handbag along with my make up, perfume, purse, mars bar, needle & thread, mobile phone, spanners, elastoplats, emergency womens things, mirror, welding tackle and tow rope.

Unfortunately the handbook seems to cover a totally different car from the one I bought. I'll see how it goes. I don't want to look a total numpty by going in to a dealer only to be told I sat on my car keys.

The best thing to do is to try it out.

Go to your car and press the button on your remote fob and hold it down.

PS Mig, Tig, Arc or Gas ?

The best thing to do is to try it out.

Go to your car and press the button on your remote fob and hold it down.

PS Mig, Tig, Arc or Gas ?

I've just tried that and it just made the mirrors go bandy. But I suspect you are right, my phone keeps doing daft things whilst in my bag.

Its a gas welder by the way, although I have to keep the cylinders in my brief case as the bag is full.:hihi::hihi:

Got to go I think my phone's probably just ordered a take away pizza whilst I was trying to find my car keys.. :hihi:

Archived