Motor insurance, who do these companies think they are?

Why laugh its all there on your policy just like the fee for paying monthly that you seem to have missed and hence the difference between the initial policy quote and the figure you worked out.

Instead of laughing at people that are trying to point you in the right direction do a bit of homework first.

firstly i was laughing at them!

secondly, when i originally called them about the high quote, they bettered it (see op), but now seem to have forgotton the fact!

i also know there is a fee, but it doesnt add up to the £600 extra they have billed me :/

the rolling policy thing is fine AS LONG AS!! they dont ignore the fact that i said i WOULD NOT be renewing with them :)

ncreasingly people are giving up their cars.

Not necessarily a bad thing.

The cars and the petrol are cheap in comparison to the insurance.

The insurance makes up the majority of the cost of buying, maintaining and running a car.

For some maybe but certainly not all, for me the highest costs are without a doubt the fuel and maintenance costs.

The insurance is insanely expensive. I cannot see how any risk can be priced as high as that.

Couldn't comment on that as I don't have access to figures on who tends to be involved in what smashes and the costs in sorting it all out. Nor am I a statistician so couldn't reliably comment if I did have access ;)

2.5 hours wait and he was seen to for free.

It's not perfect, but it is very bloody good.

It was 9PM on a midweek night and the place was packed, he was assessed and moved up the waiting time but one as to ask why would some people wait 3 or 4 hours for a “emergency” visit ……. Should they be there at all?

Anyway back on topic ...............

It was 9PM on a midweek night and the place was packed, he was assessed and moved up the waiting time but one as to ask why would some people wait 3 or 4 hours for a “emergency” visit ……. Should they be there at all?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triage

There is good reasoning behind it.

Not necessarily a bad thing.

Perhaps, but when people increasingly live further apart from their families and are expected to commute to work, simple things like seeing an elderly family member, travelling to work etc. become long drawn out process and increasingly unaffordable.

For some maybe but certainly not all, for me the highest costs are without a doubt the fuel and maintenance costs.

Imagine if your insurance was over half the cost of running your car. would you continue to drive? The discrimination against people wrt insurance is shocking. Just imagine if your bill was similar to that of some others.

Probably not, but its some folks' first port of call even for very minor problems.

We change our car insurance most years, we wait for the renewal, look at how much its gone up and shop around. Car insurance isn't expensive for older drivers with a good no claims history.

And chem1st, insurance isn't just cover for medical costs, its the cost of damage to other vehicles too. The NHS wouldn't be much help there. ;)

...Imagine if your insurance was over half the cost of running your car. would you continue to drive? The discrimination against people wrt insurance is shocking. Just imagine if your bill was similar to that of some others.

I've no idea what other people's bills are. Something will always be the significant part of the cost of running the car, for me - that's the fuel.

For someone else it may be the insurance.

this is why i cancel a direct debit as soon as i have cancelled anything with a company so they dont have the chance to rip me off

I generally use the credit card to pay for things. Then when there's a problem I'm not the one out of pocket and I leave the credit card company to do the legwork!

I generally use the credit card to pay for things. Then when there's a problem I'm not the one out of pocket and I leave the credit card company to do the legwork!

hmm, smart! :)

buggered if i'm getting a credit card though, never want another debt again in my life:)

Archived