Motor insurance, who do these companies think they are?

It's not just car insurance companies that take the pee, a few years ago my yorkie who had diabetes had an accident and wet the laminate flooring in the dining room causing it to swell, I phoned my home insurance to see if it was covered and was told no, damage by pets was not covered.

When the renewal came in it had rocketed and when I phoned to find out why they told me that I had had a claim, I told them that I had not claimed as it was not covered and they said it was because I had reported a claim.

Needless to say they lost my custom.:loopy:

It's not just car insurance companies that take the pee, a few years ago my yorkie who had diabetes had an accident and wet the laminate flooring in the dining room causing it to swell, I phoned my home insurance to see if it was covered and was told no, damage by pets was not covered.

When the renewal came in it had rocketed and when I phoned to find out why they told me that I had had a claim, I told them that I had not claimed as it was not covered and they said it was because I had reported a claim.

Needless to say they lost my custom.:loopy:

Oh..... my..... god.

Well I rang my car insurance company (Axa) to tell them that I had had an accident that wasn't my fault, and that I had just got 3 points and £60 fine for speeding. I was told I could change the details of my insurance to register these points or pay £30 for an admin fee for them to do it...very nice lady talked me through it and I did it online myself and saved myself thirty quid.

She said that when I press enter for the last time on the change of info screen, any increase in cost of my car insurance would be displayed.

I thought car insurances were from one year to the next and you coughed up at the beginning of the next for any fines or accidents in the previous year..

Amazingly it came up with a 12 quid refund, which was paid into my bank account 5 days later...

I'm now going to go around speeding all the time so that I can get some more money back...:hihi:

Well I rang my car insurance company (Axa) to tell them that I had had an accident that wasn't my fault, and that I had just got 3 points and £60 fine for speeding. I was told I could change the details of my insurance to register these points or pay £30 for an admin fee for them to do it...very nice lady talked me through it and I did it online myself and saved myself thirty quid.

She said that when I press enter for the last time on the change of info screen, any increase in cost of my car insurance would be displayed.

I thought car insurances were from one year to the next and you coughed up at the beginning of the next for any fines or accidents in the previous year..

Amazingly it came up with a 12 quid refund, which was paid into my bank account 5 days later...

I'm now going to go around speeding all the time so that I can get some more money back...:hihi:

That's fantastic :hihi:

you have just depressed me :(

£2000 3rd party :( :(

It's a complete joke, these insurance companies are nothing but parasitic thieves bleeding the youth of their funds.

You need to crash into about one insurer's car a month and write both cars off each time to get any value for money out of your insurance.

But on the other hand driving is a priviledge, not an automatic right. If its beyond your expense, that's life.

Yes, the insurance industry is greedy and lazy, but motorists need to take some, if not all of the blame. Premiums will rise because of all the crashes in the snow around December. Surely if you're not capable of driving in snow and ice you either drive much more carefully or leave the car alone until the conditions improve.

But on the other hand driving is a priviledge, not an automatic right. If its beyond your expense, that's life.

Yes, the insurance industry is greedy and lazy, but motorists need to take some, if not all of the blame. Premiums will rise because of all the crashes in the snow around December. Surely if you're not capable of driving in snow and ice you either drive much more carefully or leave the car alone until the conditions improve.

I disagree.

Perhaps on the highways, but you can drive on private land without any papers.

I don't see why it is required to be honest. There are a fair few 10 year olds I would rather have on the roads than some OAPs.

My favourite thing about the OAP bus pass is that it gets these people off the roads, and keeps them physically independent for longer.

Archived