Motor insurance, who do these companies think they are?

...My favourite thing about the OAP bus pass is that it gets these people off the roads, and keeps them physically independent for longer.

Really?

My favourite thing about the OAP buss pass is that it allowed me to take the wheel from my bike down to the shop to get a new tyre fitted.

Much easier than carrying it all the way there and back again. (And the guys at SMC are really helpful :) - I'd certainly go there again.)

Really?

My favourite thing about the OAP buss pass is that it allowed me to take the wheel from my bike down to the shop to get a new tyre fitted.

Much easier than carrying it all the way there and back again. (And the guys at SMC are really helpful :) - I'd certainly go there again.)

We'd be looking at it from different view points. The OAP bus pass has got many positive aspects :)

I'm a bit aggrieved by the massive increase in the cost of insurance for youth vs wages. I see dangerous drivers whom are older, reluctant to give up the wheel, even though they're often not in a fit position to drive. The bus pass helps them keep their independence and improves road safety.

Wrt to the youth, those without a a care in the world, will drive regardless, under-age and without insurance, in a stolen car. A large amount of safe drivers are being priced out of the market.

while we are on the subject .........

need a bit of advice :)

i had an accident in october.

admitted full liability, smashed rear light and hatch :(

was contacted by Aviva and i informed them i would like to pay and not claim on my insurance....simples!

they said they would let their customer know and (she) would be in touch.

another letter from them over xmas asking for my ins. details (which they already have)

bloke knocking at my door last week asking for ins. details, my reg number and my phone number (all of which they already have), i politely gave him my phone number, explained the situation to him and asked they have someone ring me.

letter received yesterday from RAC legal team requesting £150.00 for her excess and £10 per day for the loss of her vehicle. After speaking to them it was unclear as to what/why i was paying, and was told another bill would follow from Aviva for the cost of repairs.

my questions are:

why am i paying someones excess when they dont need to claim, as i said i would pay?

why are Aviva ignoring me, and for so long?

am i right in assuming aviva have paid out for the repairs and will now be looking to recover from me, even tho' they said the lady would contact me about any repairs?

am i about to get shafted again?

are they acting legally?

many thanks folks :0

while we are on the subject .........

need a bit of advice :)

i had an accident in october.

admitted full liability, smashed rear light and hatch :(

was contacted by Aviva and i informed them i would like to pay and not claim on my insurance....simples!

they said they would let their customer know and (she) would be in touch.

another letter from them over xmas asking for my ins. details (which they already have)

bloke knocking at my door last week asking for ins. details, my reg number and my phone number (all of which they already have), i politely gave him my phone number, explained the situation to him and asked they have someone ring me.

letter received yesterday from RAC legal team requesting £150.00 for her excess and £10 per day for the loss of her vehicle. After speaking to them it was unclear as to what/why i was paying, and was told another bill would follow from Aviva for the cost of repairs.

my questions are:

why am i paying someones excess when they dont need to claim, as i said i would pay?

why are Aviva ignoring me, and for so long?

am i right in assuming aviva have paid out for the repairs and will now be looking to recover from me, even tho' they said the lady would contact me about any repairs?

am i about to get shafted again?

are they acting legally?

many thanks folks :0

Have you either paid for the repairs or contacted the other party? If I were the other party I would have expected this to have been sorted out by now..it's 4 months ago.

at the time of the accident (4 cars involved) i gave my address etc to everyone, but took nobodys assuming as it was my fault, they would all be in touch!

they all were except this one lady. if she had just phoned me and got some quotes (i offered to get quotes too) this would all be over.

she seems to have left her ins. company to deal with it, but my point is they are being very slow, i just want to pay for the repairs, but dont want to be robbed :)

i have attempted to contact the lady through a mutual aquantance and got nowhere :(

If you want to do that you need to get in writing that you have both agreed to deal with the issue outside of the insurance companies

ok thankyou.

either way aviva havent asked me for any money yet, or sent me a bill, or said i cant deal "direct"

so i'm just sat here waiting, i dont see it as my job to chase them, as they do it "for a living" as it were.

Archived