Tiny yellow bird in my garden. I've no idea what it could be.

I recently took part in the RSPB wild bird watch and spotted a tiny yellow bird in the garden. I had no idea what is was and still don't.

My husband put up a bird table a couple of weeks ago and it is now only about 3 metres from a living room window and the bird has taken to feeding on it on a daily basis.

We live rather out in the sticks and do get rather a lot or the more unusual birds but this has me stumped. It is almost wholly pale yellow but in places the yellow is tending to grey. The bird is smaller than either a wren or a coal tit.

Does anyone have any ideas.?

I recently took part in the RSPB wild bird watch and spotted a tiny yellow bird in the garden. I had no idea what is was and still don't.

My husband put up a bird table a couple of weeks ago and it is now only about 3 metres from a living room window and the bird has taken to feeding on it on a daily basis.

We live rather out in the sticks and do get rather a lot or the more unusual birds but this has me stumped. It is almost wholly pale yellow but in places the yellow is tending to grey. The bird is smaller than either a wren or a coal tit.

Does anyone have any ideas.?

Can you get a picture of it?

The only native bird I can think of that small is a goldcrest.

http://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&source=imghp&biw=1024&bih=629&q=goldcrest&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=

It certainly isn't a canary. It is far too small and a far paler yellow. It also lacks the colours of a gold crest. It is a really tiny bird that is 100% pale yellow. It is just that the yellow on its back and head is more a grey yellow, if that makes any sense.

I will try and get a photo. It seems to come every day, so how difficult can it be for a skilled photographer like me?;)

It certainly isn't a canary. It is far too small and a far paler yellow. It also lacks the colours of a gold crest. It is a really tiny bird that is 100% pale yellow. It is just that the yellow on its back and head is more a grey yellow, if that makes any sense.

I will try and get a photo. It seems to come every day, so how difficult can it be for a skilled photographer like me?;)

What about a Siskin?http://roddy.tpsml.info/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/birds_siskin2.jpg

Archived