New Venue - The Plug

claiireee

Has anyone been to a gig here - what's it like?

Also, what are the club nights like. I can't seem to get my head around the earth/neutral thing going on. Just want to know what kind of music they play (especially a Saturday!).

Thanks,

Claire x

I went to see Editors there last week, its first night of opening!

Although there are a few wierd school-like corridors to go down to get in, the main bit is really quite nice.

Theres a big long bar down the side, with tons of bar staff so its easy to get served!

The main room is pretty big, and the stage is slightly raised up so you can see even if you're near the back!

Theres a few seats in the main bit, and then a whole seating bit near the back.

All in all very nice, even when the new paint smell is gone and the floors got a bit sticky!

Originally posted by ridofme

I saw Easyworld there a few years ago when the Barfly were there for a while.

I thought it was a pretty crappy venue. There was this massive block thing at the back that you could hardly see over, hope it's not there any more!

The Live part of the venue has only been open since Monday. The Editors gig was in the new Live room.

Originally posted by ridofme

I saw Easyworld there a few years ago when the Barfly were there for a while.

I thought it was a pretty crappy venue. There was this massive block thing at the back that you could hardly see over, hope it's not there any more!

I went in years ago when it was Capitol Suits and all they had was rubbish suits and no bands or DJs at all...

Archived