Interfaith Harmony Week - Indonesia stylee

I spent a year working in Indonesia, specifically Sumatra in 1997. It was a tolerant place where the people could follow their own level of religiosity. Some were very devout and some weren't devout at all.

I hope it hasn't changed because it was a decent country with a bright future

so was most of the world back in 1997

A texas cow boy had to come along and ruin it all then rode of back into the sunset

Sarcasm does nobody favors!

It's ironic how you miss the sarcasm of first line of this thread but choose to select one part of my reply, misuderstand it and blame anybody but yourself for misreading it :lol: Well done sir it is justified that to fan the flames of anti Muslim sentiment some members on here would try and discredit Interfaith Harmoney week in Indonesia by using stats of a decade and question if Obama is on another planet without your notice? It is probably just as easy to portray Britain as worse than Indonesia in attcks on minorities by the racist host community members of which are promoting their vile agenda on a daily basis on here,...probably and yet we do see harmony on the streets of Sheffield.

It's ironic how you miss the sarcasm of first line of this thread but choose to select one part of my reply, misuderstand it and blame anybody but yourself for misreading it :lol: Well done sir it is justified that to fan the flames of anti Muslim sentiment some members on here would try and discredit Interfaith Harmoney week in Indonesia by using stats of a decade and question if Obama is on another planet without your notice? It is probably just as easy to portray Britain as worse than Indonesia in attcks on minorities by the racist host community members of which are promoting their vile agenda on a daily basis on here,...probably and yet we do see harmony on the streets of Sheffield.

You think 700 places of worship attacked over 10 years, an average of around three a fortnight, is an irrelevance? Does that sound like a model of tolerance to you?

You think 700 places of worship attacked over 10 years, an average of around three a fortnight, is an irrelevance? Does that sound like a model of tolerance to you?

a lot more happens on Sf in ten weeks than than has happened there in ten years, besides the thrust of your devastating question has a shaky basis as Obama was not president ten years ago and the interfaith harmony week is based on promoting harmony than your agenda of spreading hate, give it rest

Interfaith Harmony Week started in Indonesia earlier this week. Fantastic. This is the country President Obama recently lauded as a beacon of tolerance, an example to the rest of the world.

--

Wishful thinking of the kind exemplified by Obama's statement has become almost de rigeur these days. Unfortunately, ugly reality keeps intruding to make nonsense of these pious statements. The fact is that there is not a single country with a muslim majority on the planet where christians are treated equally and are not persecuted in some way, de facto and de jure. If I am mistaken, I will be pleased to stand corrected.

a lot more happens on Sf in ten weeks than than has happened there in ten years, besides the thrust of your devastating question has a shaky basis as Obama was not president ten years ago and the interfaith harmony week is based on promoting harmony than your agenda of spreading hate, give it rest

How misguided you are. It isn't possible for people to be beaten to death via their computer or have their places of worhip attacked in the online environment. It's funny that you picked up on the churches being attacked, but what about the three Muslims that were beaten to death because of their faith, on the opening day of Interfaith Harmony Week. Irony aside, the loss of life is far more serious. Is it a picture of harmony where people are beaten to death for their faith?

How misguided you are. It isn't possible for people to be beaten to death via their computer or have their places of worhip attacked in the online environment. It's funny that you picked up on the churches being attacked, but what about the three Muslims that were beaten to death because of their faith, on the opening day of Interfaith Harmony Week. Irony aside, the loss of life is far more serious. Is it a picture of harmony where people are beaten to death for their faith?
A normal person would conclude that harmony needs to be promoted where it doesn't exist rather than stir up trouble as you constantly try and do where there are no problems. Would you want the same interfaith conflict on our streets here? Misguided I am according to your agenda as it doesn't quite fit in to the stereo type of Muslims bad and Christian good philosophy:roll: I hate extremist trouble makers full stop.

A normal person would conclude that harmony needs to be promoted where it doesn't exist rather than stir up trouble as you constantly try and do where there are no problems. Would you want the same interfaith conflict on our streets here? Misguided I am according to your agenda as it doesn't quite fit in to the stereo type of Muslims bad and Christian good philosophy:roll: I hate extremist trouble makers full stop.

Your ignoring the facts as usual. Seems like you have an agenda! :huh:

Archived