What do you spend your weekly money on?

With respect clairelaw123, you have just called the fact that some people may never find a job silly, then in the very next sentence you are giving an example of someone who may never find a job.:confused:

I have come across many people that work hard at trying to get a job, but don't succeed through no fault of their own. Do you think these people should be denied a decent future?

I have interviewed many people to help run my business, some of them have travelled long distances and probably spent their weeks money just to get to the interview. Not all of them got a position as another candidate may have had the edge. The point is that they are working darn hard to find employment.

You can't honestly say there can be people that can't find a job for their entire lives. It would only be possible if you weren't looking.

I meant if someone is near retirement age anyway then there could be a possibility, that's not the same as someone not working their entire life.

It's a non-issue anyway. No government is going to decide to give the unemployed savings money, it's a ridiculous notion.

• 4 months later...

I get paid every two weeks, it's the Canadian way too, anything I don't spend (which isn't much) goes in my savings account, I spend my money on going out in general, cinema, theatre, pub, restaurants etc. Canadians are fairly obsessed with saving.

On benefits no it isn't possible to save as they give you the amount the government says you need to live on. I have to sell my daughters clothes which she has outgrown in order to buy her more but as no one wants to buy them, it's a losing battle.

Archived