What do you spend your weekly money on?

That's nice little savings plan you have. I try and put at least £150-200 a week into savings, if business is good it can be anything up to a couple of thousand. It's always good practice to put something away for a rainy day, no matter how large or small the amount.

Are you a lapdancer?

Hope no-one minds me asking, but is it possible to put something away each week if you are on benefits? I ask only because the replies so far seem to have been from the employed members of our society.

we are on benefits,we just about break even really, we pay our dues and demands.i do worry about not being able to save,especially if we pop our clogs theres nothing to leave the kids. i took out a life policy but could not keep up with it.they will just have to put us in the garden when we go :hihi:

on a serious note though i dont know how anybody can save on benefits its a damn near impossibility.;)

we are on benefits,we just about break even really, we pay our dues and demands.i do worry about not being able to save,especially if we pop our clogs theres nothing to leave the kids. i took out a life policy but could not keep up with it.they will just have to put us in the garden when we go :hihi:

on a serious note though i dont know how anybody can save on benefits its a damn near impossibility.;)

Sounds rough. Should benefits be increased to allow people to save something for a rainy day? Perhaps the government should pay a small amount of money into a bank account on a regular basis. The account can not be drawn from by the claimant until their children need funds for university fees for example?

I put away everything I earn except £10 per week. Depending on the amount of work I've done that week it can add up to a considerable amount, I am saving for the holiday of a lifetime though so I suppose if I wasn't I would probably spend on shoes.

The above idea of the government putting money into a savings account for people, I realise you're trying to get people to bite :hihi: but any chance they could do that for workers as well as the unemployed? We like free money too!

any chance they could do that for workers as well as the unemployed? We like free money too!

People who work can afford to put their own money away, as you clearly demonstrated in your earlier post. I do not thing the money given to people on benefits for savings should be free. They should pay tax on this money and should also be made to attend at least three job interviews per week.

People who work can afford to put their own money away, as you clearly demonstrated in your earlier post. I do not thing the money given to people on benefits for savings should be free. They should pay tax on this money and should also be made to attend at least three job interviews per week.

They should pay tax on money they are given free? Out of the money they are given free? That is free money.

They should be made to attend those interviews if they are on job seekers allowance anyway, without introducing extra money into the equation.

Archived