What do you spend your weekly money on?

Of course, it will teach them the value of money. At the same time the mandatory interviews will teach them the work ethic.

Isn't tax already paid on jobseekers? Does that teach them the value of money?

Savings aren't a right, they are a luxury you should have through working hard.

Isn't tax already paid on jobseekers? Does that teach them the value of money?

Savings aren't a right, they are a luxury you should have through working hard.

Next you will be saying that any payment of money isn't a right, it's a luxury you should have through working hard! How can this be so? Some people genuinely can't find work.

Next you will be saying that any payment of money isn't a right, it's a luxury you should have through working hard! How can this be so? Some people genuinely can't find work.

I will be saying nothing of the sort thank you very much. I know some people genuinely can't find work, but I'm sure they don't expect extra money for savings given to them.

They will find work sooner or later, then they will be able to save.

I will be saying nothing of the sort thank you very much. I know some people genuinely can't find work, but I'm sure they don't expect extra money for savings given to them.

They will find work sooner or later, then they will be able to save.

But if they don't manage to find work before retirement age, haven't you (not you personally) effectively denied them and their children a future?

But if they don't manage to find work before retirement age, haven't you (not you personally) effectively denied them and their children a future?

It's not going to take someone their whole life to find a job, that's just silly. Unless the persons pretty old anyway (in which case they may have put away money when they worked) then they're going to get a job at some point, if they're looking. If they're not looking, they shouldn't be entitled to job seekers allowance anyway should they?

Whether you are a high flying business tycoon or unemployed and claiming benefits, what does your money go on in a week?

After you have paid your basic outgoings what do you do with what is left? Save or invest it, spend it on a hobby, go out, buy booze, give it to charity, go shopping........Come on forumers, lets hear what you do with your dosh each week! :)

after everything else( those bloody 'essentials') £12.20 on tobacco, £1.30 on rolling papers £9.50 on the movies, £10 on international phone cards and 'around' £40 or so on booze.

PS-the booze usually is about £80 every two weeks.

It's not going to take someone their whole life to find a job, that's just silly. Unless the persons pretty old anyway

With respect clairelaw123, you have just called the fact that some people may never find a job silly, then in the very next sentence you are giving an example of someone who may never find a job.:confused:

I have come across many people that work hard at trying to get a job, but don't succeed through no fault of their own. Do you think these people should be denied a decent future?

I have interviewed many people to help run my business, some of them have travelled long distances and probably spent their weeks money just to get to the interview. Not all of them got a position as another candidate may have had the edge. The point is that they are working darn hard to find employment.

Archived