Homosexuals criminal records to be wiped clean

Tony

Sounds like common sense but in typical government (Of any colour) style it's not as advertised. The Register points out the records are not "deleted" they are being changed to include a "disregard" flag. Quite different.

well we all know no matter whos in the uk government we always have to do things the hard way and confuse matters

But we have decided that the law was wrong, therefore so was the conviction.

The conviction wasnt wrong because that was how the law stood then,it may seem to be wrong in these enlightened times but that was then this is now.

They used to hang people for murder and indeed crimes less than murder,what should we do dig up all the corpses say sorry we made a mistake back then you are now free to go on your way.

The conviction wasnt wrong because that was how the law stood then,it may seem to be wrong in these enlightened times but that was then this is now.

They used to hang people for murder and indeed crimes less than murder,what should we do dig up all the corpses say sorry we made a mistake back then you are now free to go on your way.[/quote

the age of consent should be raised to 18 again, but for all this time.

Do you have a reason(s) for this?

I would imagine the government has they raised the age for buying cigarettes,the age to drink in a pub is 18,to vote 18 etc therefore are they not saying that you are too young to know about things until you are 18 and in most cases they are correct.

I would imagine the government has they raised the age for buying cigarettes,the age to drink in a pub is 18,to vote 18 etc therefore are they not saying that you are too young to know about things until you are 18 and in most cases they are correct.

Like Teletubbies and In The Night Garden? 'cause I'm 31 and i still don't understand them! :hihi:

16 is to young to be having sex. any kind of sex. raise it to 18. it sends a message.

I think teengers gay or straight are always going to experiment with sex under 18 yrs old, and surely our already struggling police/courts/prison systems would just be put under more strain dealing with this.

I think teengers gay or straight are always going to experiment with sex under 18 yrs old, and surely our already struggling police/courts/prison systems would just be put under more strain dealing with this.

your right, and im right. but if we keep going this way whats the age going to be? 14? 12? childhood is to short as it is.

16 is to young to be having sex. any kind of sex. raise it to 18. it sends a message.

In other civilized countries around the world the age of consent is much lower, in Japan I believe its 13, though I'm unsure what the law is regarding a 13 yr old and a, say, 41 yr old having sex together.

Physically, girls are able to bare children at 12, so i suppose they are "ready" in that respect, but sex is more than reproduction of course, and there is the question of weather 13,14.15 yr olds can make informed decisions before indulging in sex, perhaps even with someone much older than themselves.

Lets face it we all know that there are precocious, young 13,14,15 year olds out there that are mature beyond their years and look and behave much older than 13/15 who I suppose find it a bit of a joke that they are deemed "not old enough" for sex, but unfortunately for them, our society has taken a view that in the interests of ALL youngsters there can be no grey areas and the age of consent will probably remain at 16 for the foreseeable future.

Archived