Homosexuals criminal records to be wiped clean

Tony

It's soft policing, it boosts their stats as in George Michael's case. I'm not sure how society is protected by paying a copper to hang around toilets ready to arrest men doing things with each other.

Sorry I don't agree. I do not want myself or a child to enter a public toilet where homosexual acts are taking place.

I don't think that the law was ever right. The state has no business what consenting adults do in private. The law was wrong, their convictions were wrong imo.

My point was that the law was right, for the time. That is what society wanted. Any one person can believe anything to be right or wrong, but it is irrelevant. These matters are not intrinsically right or wrong (except to individuals), they are what the society of the time decides they are. Sixty years ago homosexual acts were wrong, now they are not. But they were still wrong until the law changed.

It's soft policing, it boosts their stats as in George Michael's case. I'm not sure how society is protected by paying a copper to hang around toilets ready to arrest men doing things with each other.

You dont think that there is a public indecency issue with having sex in public toilets?

The police are enforcing the law in the way most people want in relation to men indulging in sexual acts in public toilets.

if there wasnt such a stigma in society about homosexuality wouldnt gays meet in similer situations to hetrosexuals and not have to crawl about the outskirts of society such as public toilets and heathland?

if there wasnt such a stigma in society about homosexuality wouldnt gays meet in similer situations to hetrosexuals and not have to crawl about the outskirts of society such as public toilets and heathland?

There is the opportunity now that homosexuality isn't illegal any more.

But I will not excuse sexual activity in public toilets used by children or other adults.

Archived