SUNSET mobile Disco (sheffield) 1982 anyone remember?

Does anyone remember the 'Alan price SUNSET mobile disco' that worked in pubs in Sheffield circa 81/2 time? Tuesday nights he had a regular show at the Rising Sun in Nethergreen.....no doubt had lots of other gigs as well........proper old school 70's DJ who even had a glittery suit!!!

• 2 years later...
Does anyone remember the 'Alan price SUNSET mobile disco' that worked in pubs in Sheffield circa 81/2 time? Tuesday nights he had a regular show at the Rising Sun in Nethergreen.....no doubt had lots of other gigs as well........proper old school 70's DJ who even had a glittery suit!!!

I worked with Alan Price and did a few nights for him at the Rising Sun when Graham (Ex-Owls player) was the land lord.There was Alan ,his mate John the policeman,(walked as if he was in the mounties.) Stevie Splash and myself. had some good laughs.

See my other thread "old mobile discos" there is some info on there.

I frequented The Sun from 81 to whenever it changed into a morgue.....Remember the disco-tho' no one ever danced....:suspect:

One the odd occasion i worked there it was never busy,Alan once asked me to stand in for him there one night and it was really quiet till about 8.30ish the a large group of girls came in (on a birthday/hen night or something) so i changed the music to party type music and got them singing and dancing etc. they stayed in the pub nearly all night spending quite a bit over the bar.But the landlord Graham didnt seem pleased for some reason.

Most of the pubs i have done residencies in, you hardly get people dancing,most people just want a "free Juke box".thats if the pub has a dancing license. Thats why i would rather do a private party any day.

• 14 years later...

I realise it's a long time since the last message on this thread.
I used to go to school with an Alan Price who run a disco in later life & he lived in the Thornbury Annexe (as was) gatehouse lodge as his dad was a porter there in the 1960s, very close to Nether Green. He went to Nether Green Junior School & later Tapton.