Good vegetarian food

mcluvin

Wick At Both Ends on West St does meat and veggie options, best place I've found in town. Am in the process of going vegan at the moment though (eating the last of the stuff I have containing dairy) so I won't be able to go there anymore for food soon. Shame more pubs don't have a vegan option or three on their menus.

Jared - Are the Wick still doing the portabello mushroom burger? That was vegan friendly last time I checked (and ate it)

McLuvin - The Forum, the Old House and the Wick are the best gastropub/bar type places for all sorts of dietary tastes.

Also, a lot of the asian places in town will naturally have more meat-free options. My favourite is East One in the West One complex for a massive bowl of satay noodle soup etc.

Also, I've just started going to http://www.fusioncafe.co.uk/ on Arundel Street. It's only a daytime place but it's food is delicious and the specials board always contains at least 2 vegetarian/vegan options and my meat-eating chums have really enjoyed their orders too! (also does great cups of coffee)

Hope that's helpful.

Well done Jared on the vegan status,:) I've toyed with the idea but I know for sure I'd fail with the cake. :rolleyes: Perhaps going to try a month later this year.

OP, my favourite place to eat is The Bohemian at Heeley. Predominantly veggie but always with a fish and a meat option.

Homemade at Nether Edge is also definitely worth a visit. ~As above.

Every Sheffield veggie has also been to the Blue Moon at some point for their homity pie, nom, nom,nom.

There are lots of places in town that do worth veggie options.

I like Sakushi as they do a lot of veggie sushi and i also love the Greek place, Parthenonas on London road and the Greedy Greek on Sharrowvale Road. Siam inter thai for thai food on London Road.

As others have mentioned, Old House, Forum, Wick and I'd add the Dev Cat to that.

At Meadowhall the gourmet burger place has lots of different veggie burger options and I had a lovely one of spicy sweet potato and mango the other day.

You won't starve.

Welcome to Sheffield!

Well done Jared on the vegan status,:) I've toyed with the idea but I know for sure I'd fail with the cake. :rolleyes: Perhaps going to try a month later this year.

OP, my favourite place to eat is The Bohemian at Heeley. Predominantly veggie but always with a fish and a meat option.

Homemade at Nether Edge is also definitely worth a visit. ~As above.

Every Sheffield veggie has also been to the Blue Moon at some point for their homity pie, nom, nom,nom.

There are lots of places in town that do worth veggie options.

I like Sakushi as they do a lot of veggie sushi and i also love the Greek place, Parthenonas on London road and the Greedy Greek on Sharrowvale Road. Siam inter thai for thai food on London Road.

As others have mentioned, Old House, Forum, Wick and I'd add the Dev Cat to that.

At Meadowhall the gourmet burger place has lots of different veggie burger options and I had a lovely one of spicy sweet potato and mango the other day.

You won't starve.

Welcome to Sheffield!

Not so sure I'd recommend the Devonshire Cat - last time I was in there I saw a couple of things labelled "V" on their menu that aren't actually vegetarian, which is really out of order.

To the OP, Platillos in Leopold Square has a good choice of veggie and plenty for the meat eaters as well. The menu on their website usually seems up to date so you can have a look and see if its your kind of thing.

Archived