Mubarak steps down, and hands power to army.

You lot are a bunch of miserable buggers!

The people of Egypt have seen that they can make a difference. There's no going back to what was, or any semblance of it. They won't let it happen again and for the vast majority, a theocracy is also completely out of the question.

What the Egyptians have achieved is nothing short of fantastic.

I wish them prosperity and happiness for the future.

I agree with you.

I don't know if in the long term things are going to be any better. The countries tourist industry. a major source of income, is in melt down and I can't see anyone visiting for a while yet. After the Lords Mayors Parade.....

One thing is for sure, if it all goes pear shaped we'll get the blame. The west that is...

A worse option would be a secular moderate democratic regime that is independent of US/Israeli influence.

might be bad for you, but that would be exactly what the US and Israel want. Secular moderate and democratic regimes are great and they can be as independent as they want in the Middle East. There aren't too many of them right now - lets see what happens.

I was thinking that too, not sure how Brit Pat twists that to be the worst option.

I don't think US aid will end though, we (US & UK) still give aid to countries that are already democratic like India, as well as other not so democratic ones like China.

You're right of course. Aid will continue to be given to help keep the country on a solvent basis and keep Iran's wolves from the door.

They'll really need it as well since the main source of revenue from tourism is likely to be practically non-existent for most of the remainder of the year.

You're right of course. Aid will continue to be given to help keep the country on a solvent basis and keep Iran's wolves from the door.

They'll really need it as well since the main source of revenue from tourism is likely to be practically non-existent for most of the remainder of the year.

waste of time egypt is now an istan. within 5 years they will attack israel and then we are all at war.

Archived