Ebay problem advice needed

We've now cancelled Paypal & Ebay direct debit, we have received an email from them telling us our balance is negative & can we add funds. We are just going to leave it. I've offered him a partial refund because I need to cover the cost of repairing it, but he's refused <REMOVED>. It seems odd that he has also changed his user ID. He sent us a message saying he might have only just joined Ebay but he knows what he is talking about & good luck with trying to keep my money

So you have kept all of his money AND you have the laptop, albeit damaged??

I'd urge you to think twice about not coming to a settlement with him because you just might find yourself landing in hot water over that.

We are only keeping £30 back, but he wants the full amount, we are not ripping him off in anyway. Ebay support team have contacted me & said it is possible the card that he as got linked to Ebay is not his, they have now put an hold on his account, he is using 1 ID to purchase goods & another for returns.

Ebay may now get the police involved so we don't need to do anything at the moment. I am now glad we refused his refund.

He is the one that's landed himself in hot water not us!

Archived