Review of a community care grant.. worth it?

my sister has applied for a community care grant, it was rejected because they say she does not fit into a qualifying catagory, she took the decision letter along to cab and they have said she should ask for a review because as far as they can see my sister does fall into one of the said qualifying catagorys, she also has proof that she does quite alot of it actually.

would it be worth the time and effort in asking for a review, have you asked for a review before and has it been overturned? i just want some more information for my sister really, i mean, if the review very rarely changes the original decision from past expierences i can tell her not to bother wasting her time. thanks in advance xx:)xx

yes you can appeal their decision stating reasons why they do qualify.put it in writing.xx

she has asked me to write the letter for her as her hand writing isnt that good.... just wondering if its worth it and whether anyone else has previously asked for a review and got it accepted in the end xx

When I was a support worker (two years ago) I helped lots of people appeal decisions made about community care grant applications. I would say that a good 80+% were successful. Although I am sure that there is less money in their pot and more people applying for it now.

I would advise your sister to go to the CAB again though to get help writing the letter as they will know what to say to make sure that the decision makers understand her situation and how it fits into their criteria.

Good luck.

Archived