The law and flouride added to our water

Fluoride addedd to our water , could the public *do anything about it ?

Reading a report on the BBC site I came across a story were the vast majority of the public were apposed to the local authority adding flouride into the drinking water ( flouride is the second most poisniois substance to Humans only 2nd to arsenic )

The judge however ruled that the local auturoty were not at fault and citied that it is law that any area can be fluoridated even if the local population are against the idea!

If Sheffield water was to have flouride addedd to it , what could you do about it ?

Fluoride addedd to our water , could the public *do anything about it ?

Reading a report on the BBC site I came across a story were the vast majority of the public were apposed to the local authority adding flouride into the drinking water ( flouride is the second most poisniois substance to Humans only 2nd to arsenic )

The judge however ruled that the local auturoty were not at fault and citied that it is law that any area can be fluoridated even if the local population are against the idea!

If Sheffield water was to have flouride addedd to it , what could you do about it ?

Sheffield's water contains fluoride anyway.

What are you doing about it now?

It was introduced in large areas the USA in the 1960's.

Any evidence they've been poisoned?

That isn't really a good argument for forced medication though.

Is there any evidence that fluoridating the water supply improves oral health any more than... erm... brushing properly with fluoride toothpaste?

Personally, I'm not particularly afraid of fluoride in my water. I am very bothered by the idea that some remote authority can put drugs into my water supply.

...Personally, I'm not particularly afraid of fluoride in my water. I am very bothered by the idea that some remote authority can put drugs into my water supply.

Perhaps you ought to be more worried about the drugs that you, your family, friends and neighbours put into your water supply?

If you drink a lot of booze, then your urine will smell of alcohol, because some of it is not metabolised completely. Most of the things you eat and drink are not metabolised fully. - Including (but not limited to) antibiotics, birth control pills and marijuana.

I don't suppose there is enough tetrahydrocannabinol in the water supply to give you a free high, but what is the antibiotic content of Sheffield water? How much oestrogen does it contain?

Perhaps you ought to be more worried about the drugs that you, your family, friends and neighbours put into your water supply?

If you drink a lot of booze, then your urine will smell of alcohol, because some of it is not metabolised completely. Most of the things you eat and drink are not metabolised fully. - Including (but not limited to) antibiotics, birth control pills and marijuana.

I don't suppose there is enough tetrahydrocannabinol in the water supply to give you a free high, but what is the antibiotic content of Sheffield water? How much oestrogen does it contain?

What the hell is that! :gag:

Archived