Has anyone else eaten a friend.

Just been mind doodaling you know sat there thinking back,when it suddenly came to me that i once ate my best mate.

It was back in the fourty--- fifty,s and one day in the 6 weeks holidays my old ma straight out of the blue gave me 9d and told me to go to the matinee at the Rex cinema , i was over the moon .a treat and it wasn,t even Saturday.

Of i went and it was a cowboy film so i was well chuffed.

I got back home at about 5-30 just in time for tea and what a tea it was boiled spuds, peas, carrots all out of the garden and MEAT!.

Did i tuck in,? all this in one day i must have been real good or some at.

Any way after tea i run down garden to feed my best mate Lisy the rabbit and to my surprise the hutch was empty .I ran back in doors and shouted that Lisy was missing , there was a deadly silence not one of our six said a word. except that is my older brother ,Tha,s just etten her he said , i roored for ages but lots of huggin and hair strokeing calmed me down and i eventionaly got over it.

It was quite a few years later when i looked back and realised just how hard up we was back then that i realised what led to our lot sending me out so as they could cook our Lisy and even now it brings a tear to my eye.

Any way just a thought ,has any one else eaten a mate.

Similar sort of thing, me and my brother had a rabbit called "Stinker" for obvious reasons, we used to forget to clean out the cage. My father threatened us on day that if we didn't look after the rabbit he would dispose of it.

One day we came home to find dad smashing up the hutch and he said stinker had gone.

We sat down for sunday lunch and as we started to eat, dad said poor Stinker, we all got up from the table and left dad to eat lunch by himself.

I used the same tactic with my two girls but I just opened the hutch when they went to school and let thhe rabbit run away.

Archived