Why does tea taste better in certain mugs?

Yes, my tea has to be from certain mugs or it just isn't the same. Stoneware doesn't taste as good as china and plastic is just wrong (but if it's the only option I'll probably go for it anyway!).

mmm, stoneware only for coffee...

Thinking about it, I have no issue or preference when it comes to hot chocolate? :huh:

Yes, my tea has to be from certain mugs or it just isn't the same. Stoneware doesn't taste as good as china and plastic is just wrong (but if it's the only option I'll probably go for it anyway!).

What about the ones you get from a coffee shop like Starbucks etc., do you think they have an adverse affect on the taste?

TBH I'm not so picky with mugs when it comes to coffee, just tea.

Here's the specific gravities... But i'm not sure what state they refer to! But it looks like coffee is lower than tea...

(lb/ft3) (g/cc)

Tea 27 0.43

Tea (Flakes) 24 0.38

Tea (Powdered) 27 0.43

Coffee, Green (Beans) 37-39 0.59-0.62

Coffee, Roasted (Beans) 22-24 0.35-0.38

(How do tables in BB code?)

Here's the specific gravities... But i'm not sure what state they refer to! But it looks like coffee is lower than tea...

(lb/ft3) (g/cc)

Tea 27 0.43

Tea (Flakes) 24 0.38

Tea (Powdered) 27 0.43

Coffee, Green (Beans) 37-39 0.59-0.62

Coffee, Roasted (Beans) 22-24 0.35-0.38

(How do tables in BB code?)

the specific gravity of our etcher is normally between 21-22 :P

prolly tastes better than tea too

What about the ones you get from a coffee shop like Starbucks etc., do you think they have an adverse affect on the taste?

TBH I'm not so picky with mugs when it comes to coffee, just tea.

I refuse to drink tea from disposable cups so I wouldn't know! If I'm out and about I usually have my own travel mug, which is stainless steel and which I prefer, so even if a shop insist on putting my tea in a disposable cup I pour it from there straight into my travel mug.

You could put coffee in the best cup in the world and I still wouldn't want to drink it ;)

Archived