Budget Wedding- help!

Hi all

I am looking at probably a Reg. Office do for the wedding and want a room for upto 100 people at the evening do (probably more like 80 but to be safe...).

Would like a DJ, nice room with dancefloor, finger buffet, bar. Suitable for kids and adults alike.

Not Stars & Mayfair as although it's nice, it would be the same as another wedding in the family last yr and I want something a bit different.

I will use eBay for the dress and other wedding-y bits, just mainly want info about packages, room hire, photographer, catering (if not included in reception package price). Would like room to be decorated nicely but doesn't have to be too fancy, just pretty.

Live in South Sheffield so any ideas central/south welcome.

Budget- we are talking £1500 probably tops, I know it can be done (and I know if you ar elucky people offer to pay for certain things.. hoping this might be the case with the smaller things IE flowers). So after everythign else the room, buffet, DJ etc (basically all of the night 'do) would have to total less than about £1k.

You could do your own make-up? I went and had a make-over at Body Shop and then bought some of the things and re-created the look myself on the day...and even though I was worried I have to say I did a pretty good job!

Sadly I married the wrong bloke and am just about to get married for a second time, we're going to Cuba so I'll have no choice but to do my own wedding make-up again!!

Good luck with the planning, and Ebay really is your best bet for lots of wedding bits!

Thanks so far.. have emailed the SiV people re: costs so will see what they say...

Good idea about the makeup- another expense I'm not too fussed about... I am hoping to have my hair down, nothing too fussy (but would still want hairdresser help), my nails I would want done too :) and my make up I can do myself, will just treat myself to some posh stuff.

Mind you all that stuff I can get done cheaply, I suppose it's more about the reception.. I can get dress, and 3 matching bridesmaids dresses for the little ones in the family from eBay (did it last yr for a wedding, the dresses are gorgeous), and other stuff. Am hoping to lose a fair bit of weight with the incentive so that will have to wait, as will the grooms suit. Don't want to start married life like 2 weebles!

British Home Stores do some good but cheap bridesmaid dresses.

Make your own invitations. I make cards and could give you a few tips how to make your own. You could always join us in the craft secion on this forum. I'm just sending another bride a template on how to make pocketfold invitations out of standard 12x12 paper.

Do you know someone with a nice car? It doesn't have to be anything fancy. My sister in law was already living with her partner and didn't want to go mad on wedding cars when she got married. We purchased a reel of florists ribbon off ebay and decorated our car. I made a big loopy bow for the front and back.

Our car was fairly new and it was white but as long as you are happy with the car why spend a fortune on hiring one?

We ran the same ribbon down the middle of the dinner tables and a twisted looped ribbon on the front of the top table at the reception.

Balloons are a cheaper option for venue decor and can be very effective!! Table centrpieces start from as little as £3!!

Bloomin Lovelys......http://www.bloominlovelys.co.uk

Hi...

Just quickly scanned through some photos, the balloons decs are marvelous!

Realistically for the most basic but nicest of balloon decoration packages, what sort of things could you expect and at what price? PM me if you like :) x

Do you know someone with a nice car? It doesn't have to be anything fancy. My sister in law was already living with her partner and didn't want to go mad on wedding cars when she got married. We purchased a reel of florists ribbon off ebay and decorated our car. I made a big loopy bow for the front and back.

Our car was fairly new and it was white but as long as you are happy with the car why spend a fortune on hiring one?

We ran the same ribbon down the middle of the dinner tables and a twisted looped ribbon on the front of the top table at the reception.

Iwas thinking this, not really nice weddingy cars no..but I will put some thought into it and see if I can think of something :) x

Archived