Urgent Help Needed - DO NOT RESUSCITATE

Frankly if anyone was shouting that near a family member of mine, they would be hearing it ring between their dying ears!! :rant: So easy for medical staff to choose death over life. I don't hear the patients who beg for death receiving it in court of law! Where the hell do doctors get off? It has to be said. Whether you are a medic to some above, I'd like to hope it's patients choice but I doubt it is in most cases. Doctors let patients die. Hospitals feed sick people rubbish food. My opinion may seem extreme but which is the reality? I'm not sorry some here think my opinion doesn't fit this thread! but I feel what I have to say is pro-life and supports the OP.

Some information here:

I suggest that if you have a disagreement with doctors who are traeting either you or a loved one, you contact the hospital PALS wo will help you in your communication with the medics.

On the BBC site it states from the above post,

Proper use of DNRs

Guidelines issued by the British Medical Association and the Royal College of Nursing say that DNR orders should only be issued after discussion with patients or their family.

My Mother was in the Northern General a few years ago and it was only when a member of my family picked up her medical notes attached to the bed did we see the words,

' DNR' 'In the event of a cardiac arrest do not resuscitate'

I was appalled that the Consultant had not discussed this with my Father and the family and made the decision by himself and not even my Mother.

I made an appointment to see the Consultant and they said it was in my Mother's interest. They could have told us and to find it on her notes was very upsetting.

On the BBC site it states from the above post,

Proper use of DNRs

Guidelines issued by the British Medical Association and the Royal College of Nursing say that DNR orders should only be issued after discussion with patients or their family.

My Mother was in the Northern General a few years ago and it was only when a member of my family picked up her medical notes attached to the bed did we see the words,

' DNR' 'In the event of a cardiac arrest do not resuscitate'

I was appalled that the Consultant had not discussed this with my Father and the family and made the decision by himself and not even my Mother.

I made an appointment to see the Consultant and they said it was in my Mother's interest. They could have told us and to find it on her notes was very upsetting.

Exactly....

my daughter had a dnr order placed on her at 5 months old. i was told of the decision but wasnt asked my opinion.

shes one of the lucky ones, she did make it through the next year and the order has since been removed

but i do understand where the doctors were coming from, she was desperatly ill, on machines and several times they came close to losing her, when they looked at old cases similar to her the outcomes just wernt good

Archived