Petrol £1.50 by the summer.

Hi,

Is getting late so excuse me if this post doesnt make as much sense as i'd like...

Does anyone think that every time fuel prices go up more and more people make their tank of fuel last longer and as a result the government actually make less money? Guess on the flip side that cost of fuel impacts just about every factor of life, be it Mrs Jones driving to the shops, Aunt Jane catching a bus to the docs or farmer Tom getting his crops to the market so its win win for the government overall- what we loose they no doubt gain....

And before anyone says "why not catch a bus, there's economy in numbers", the buses are overcrowded enough without god knows how many people more catching them - all the bus company's will do is put extra buses on and raise fairs claiming its an "investment in infrastructure" - excuse me but all those huge profits of yesterday should have allowed for that :huh: Once again it just another way to pull extra money from peoples people pockets.

Going to end this one here but guess its hardly a surprise that the general cost of living seems to go up far more that the average income - you kind of end up rushing forwards just to end up where you started or worst case one step behind.

Cheers

Gluggy

P.S

Roll on the revolution ;)

We are all suckers in the UK.

Speak for yourself!

I pay naff all fuel tax when I ride my bike to work or on errands.

I put a full tank of diesel into my car about 8 weeks ago.

90% of it is still there, and it will probably last me another month or two...

So, I'd much rather the Government tax fuel than income. Much of it is easy to avoid.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived