What do most of houses have the same?

Picture frames come in a few standard sizes. Doors start off in a few sizes before they are cut/sanded to fit dodgy old door frames :) Dining chairs are often close to the same size.

But I have no idea if that's even close to the sort of thing you're looking for?

thank you chem1st i havent herd of this before however i have just searched it on wiki

many thanks again

cast

http://legacy.london.gov.uk/mayor/planning/docs/space-standards.pdf

An interesting read.

When you think of space per person in a dwelling its interesting to note the dimensions of a large shipping container. (About 30m^2)

Toilet pans are always the same height. Having long legs, they are a bit small for me and it is quite annoying.

I had the same problem, and have got bad knees, so, last year we had our bathroom done, and i got the plumber to fit in a higher toilet. It is so much more comfortable - and a good 2-3 inches higher than normal.

• 1 month later...
Have you heard of the Parker Morris space standards?

Wrt the living space of dwellings.

bumping because they have just been mentioned on a channel 4 program about housing...

will add the link later, bbc4 and in 2hours on i

Toilet pans are always the same height. Having long legs, they are a bit small for me and it is quite annoying.

We have what they call comfort height toilets, a couple of inches higher than the standard ones there a bit more expensive but worth it, in fact I've noticed them in other homes now so they must be getting more popular.

Archived