Ban on mephedrone "a failure".

What I find hard to understand is that if banned drugs are harmless as some would say surely the government advisors would reach this conclusion.

But they did!

A new study published in the Lancet proposes that drugs should be classified by the amount of harm that they do, rather than the sharp A, B, and C divisions in the UK Misuse of Drugs Act.

The new ranking places alcohol and tobacco in the upper half of the league table. These socially accepted drugs were judged more harmful than cannabis, and substantially more dangerous than the Class A drugs LSD, 4-methylthioamphetamine and ecstasy.

Because when people speak of "drugs", no one is talking about fags booze and coffee; I'm asking spindrift if he smokes the weed and/or the other substances he campaigns to legalise.

I would imagine that you are asking whether Spindrift uses any currently illegal substances because you intend to persue the line that 'Only people who use drugs would want to decriminalise or legalise them'

Well, lets just head that one off at the pass shall we? It clearly is not the case that everyone calling for legalisation is a drug user - and you'd be calling an awful lot of well regarded senior policemen, scientists, politicians and other public figures liars if you did.

So something that people were using legally became illegal, so for that reason they stopped using it and turned to something else instead - which is also illegal? :huh:

When it was made illegal, the price rocketed. This is an inevitable consequence of making anything illegal.

Since it was so much more expensive than it used to be, people went back to cocaine instead, as it had suddenly become far better value for money.

When it was made illegal, the price rocketed. This is an inevitable consequence of making anything illegal.

Since it was so much more expensive than it used to be, people went back to cocaine instead, as it had suddenly become far better value for money.

They also appear to be using ecstasy a lot more, it being much harder to adulterate ecstasy.

They also appear to be using ecstasy a lot more, it being much harder to adulterate ecstasy.

In fact I should have stuck a "presumably" in there, since I have no evidence to hand about how, or even if, drug habits have changed since mephedrone was criminalised. It just seems a very logical consequence.

I heard it was almost impossible to get decent unadulterated ecstasy these days.

(Good to see there's someone on the forum who can spell the word ecstasy correctly :hihi: )

I heard it was almost impossible to get decent unadulterated ecstasy these days.

(Good to see there's someone on the forum who can spell the word ecstasy correctly :hihi: )

Depends who you know. MDMA powder/crystals are becoming more popular again

This forum is being brought into disrepute. Isn't there a police presence on here?

Archived