Ban on mephedrone "a failure".

I've never seen MDMA crystals, but I understand what you mean now. Anything obviously crystalline has to be pure as the process of crystallisation is a method of purification. I suppose the stuff could be recrystallised to get rid of any adulterants.

It used to be that the Green Party sold cheap drug testing kits as part of their policy on drugs, but I don't think they do that any longer.

No they dont, the nearer they get to Westminster, the more of their sensible policies they drop.

You admit using alcohol, one of the most dangerous drugs around, which can reduce its users to vomiting violent louts whose inarticulate drunken ramblings make the conversations of some one high on marijuana seem like the height of wisdom.how.

Alcohol isn't a drug

See the Concise Oxford Dictionary Definition of alcohol, nom metion of drug.

Alcohol (ethyl) colourless volatile inflammable liquid, intoxicant present in wine, beer, whisky etc.

2. Any liquor containing this.

3. (Chem) One of large class of compounds of same type as Ethyl alcohol.

There is not a single argument that can be deployed against mephedrone (or cannabis, for that matter) which cannot be used against alcohol, the biggest criminogenous factor in society, as reliable statistics show.

It would be easy to form the opinion that you have a vested interest in illegal drugs the way you support them. Also look up 'Drug' in the dictionary no mention of alcohol, just drugs that you support the sale and pushing of

It would be easy to form the opinion that you have a vested interest in illegal drugs the way you support them. Also look up 'Drug' in the dictionary no mention of alcohol, just drugs that you support the sale and pushing of

its a drug..........its mind altering

and its actually a poison, thats why it effects you the way it does

If this thread continues to degenerate the way previous threads on the subject have then not only will it be closed but action will be taken against anybody throwing around insults or allegations. I hope we are all clear on that point.

Where did you look it up?

A drug, broadly speaking, is any substance that, when absorbed into the body of a living organism, alters normal bodily function. There is no single, precise definition, as there are different meanings in drug control law, government regulations, medicine, and colloquial usage

Sounds like that would include alcohol to me.

Alcohol isn't a drug

See the Concise Oxford Dictionary Definition of alcohol, nom metion of drug.

Alcohol (ethyl) colourless volatile inflammable liquid, intoxicant present in wine, beer, whisky etc.

2. Any liquor containing this.

3. (Chem) One of large class of compounds of same type as Ethyl alcohol.

Intoxicant: a drug that can produce a state of intoxication

QED - Glad that one was easy to sort out.

Because when people speak of "drugs", no one is talking about fags booze and coffee.

Aren't they? I nearly always am.

Some people (not all) choose not to clasify those substances as drugs (even though they clearly are), invariably because they get a great deal of pleasure from consuming them in large quantities.

For those people, acknowledging that those substances are drugs would make a mockery of their firebrand hypocrisy in regards to other drugs, and that would never do ;)

Archived