Valuation of old Beano Book

I have a Beano Book from 1941 and am thinking of putting it on e-bay. It does seem quite rare as I can't find one from that year that has been sold - but I could do with a rough valuation so I can put a reserve on it.

Can anyone help please or hazard a guess.

Many thanks.

I thought if I got a reserve price then I wouldn't have to sell if price was not met. Although the highest price on eBay that a similar edition has gone for was around £225. From the above replies it looks as if my book may be worth quite a bit more so I'll look at the magazine site - thanks.

A very good place to auction British comics and related books is Comic Book Postal Auctions. They run regular auctions via the web that are well known to comic collectors - it's all a bit less hit and miss than ebay.

You can go to the website and browse through the results of previous auctions - they run an auction 3 or 4 times a year. I think they charge a fair bit in commission, so you'd have to weigh up the pros and cons.

Put a search on Bookfinder.com or abe books.com.

You will see what the book dealers are charging.

The book dealers listed also print the condition of the book they are selling.

You can then compare your copy which will give you a guide on the asking price/reserve price etc.

Hope this info helps you.

Happy Days!

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived