Bronco Laynes Squirrel Cafe, 1960s

taylorspye

What was the coffee bar on Middlewood Road called which belonged to David Layne. It seems to have changed its name so many times in the 1960s?

---------- Post added 10-02-2017 at 12:33 ----------

What was the Squirrel Cafe called after that? Was it Laynes?

.........used to be called the "Palms" when we used to go after the Hillsborough Kinema chucked out!

• 8 months later...
Did David Layne also have a café on Penistone Road north, perhaps opposite the old 'Gate' pub and before the railway bridge ?

Bronco is married to my cousin Patricia, I don't think he had a cafe on Penistone Road, I think he had a pub, I saw him last year, he looks very well.

Ron Springett was my hero, he wasn,t very tall but every cross was his, he didn't wear gloves, we used to throw oranges to him, he squeezed the juice on to his hands for grip, he is never mentioned when England goalies are talked about but he was one of the greats, he held the record for England caps before Banks came along and was reserve for the 66 world cup team.