Horace William Robinson

Hi - in case it is helpful, the GRO index shows two people with the name Horace W. Robinson who died in the Sheffield district, both in 1962, one aged 79 and the other 58. They were evidently father and son, as the 1911 census finds Horace William Robinson, a stableman aged 28 living at 12 Bernard Street with his wife Eleanor (née Glossop) and children Horace William Glossop Robinson, Alice Mabel Robinson and Harry Robinson. The oldest of these was evidently the Horace W. Robinson who died aged 58 in 1962.

The marriages index shows a Horace W. Robinson who married Annie Siddall in 1929. Possible children are Joan, Joyce, Kenneth and Brenda born 1930, 1931, 1933 and 1939.

I don't know if this is the right family, but thought you might be interested to see the data..:)

Hi - in case it is helpful, the GRO index shows two people with the name Horace W. Robinson who died in the Sheffield district, both in 1962, one aged 79 and the other 58. They were evidently father and son, as the 1911 census finds Horace William Robinson, a stableman aged 28 living at 12 Bernard Street with his wife Eleanor (née Glossop) and children Horace William Glossop Robinson, Alice Mabel Robinson and Harry Robinson. The oldest of these was evidently the Horace W. Robinson who died aged 58 in 1962.

The marriages index shows a Horace W. Robinson who married Annie Siddall in 1929. Possible children are Joan, Joyce, Kenneth and Brenda born 1930, 1931, 1933 and 1939.

I don't know if this is the right family, but thought you might be interested to see the data..:)

Thank you very much for your time, the marriage one is the correct one. Annie was my grandmother and Joyce my Mam.

Thank you very much for your time, the marriage one is the correct one. Annie was my grandmother and Joyce my Mam.

also i think the others may be correct, as Horace jr was 26 in 1929 when he married Annie.would you know how to find where he is buried.

• 1 month later...

would there be any info on where they are buried?? thanks.

Thanks for that,I looked and they were not on there.thanks again.

I'm afraid they probably won't be transcribed up to that date so you'd have to the Local History Library to check the registers.

Saying that there is this one in Tinsley but doesn't fit with hillbro findings

ROBINSON Horace 26 Jul 1971 70 retired 21 Bowden Wood Drive Sheffield VA72gp

Edited by Rivelin6