Horace William Robinson

Just an aside. Mabel Robinson may well have been my great aunt; the name is correct, date of birth sounds plausible. I know she used to live over a stables somewhere near what is now the University, which makes Oxford Street sound like a hit. She married into the Wells family; her husband was killed during the war and she then lived with my grandparents (Harry and Elsie Noton) on Commonside S10 until 1973. If you want any more information please contact me directly on d-elt-ics@hot-mai-l.com (leave out the dashes, it's an attempt to foil spiders!) Mabel dies in 1992, I think, and is sadly missed by the family. By sheer coincidence, today is her birthday.

My father is very much alive and well and obviously remembers the family tree so, if you want, I'll try to tap into his memory while we still can.

God bless you, Mamie.

Chris

Edited by deltics

Just an aside. Mabel Robinson may well have been my great aunt; the name is correct, date of birth sounds plausible. I know she used to live over a stables somewhere near what is now the University, which makes Oxford Street sound like a hit. She married into the Wells family; her husband was killed during the war and she then lived with my grandparents (Harry and Elsie Noton) on Commonside S10 until 1973. If you want any more information please contact me directly on d-elt-ics@hoy-mai-l.com (leave out the dashes, it's an attempt to foil spiders!) Mabel dies in 1992, I think, and is sadly missed by the family. By sheer coincidence, today is her birthday.

My father is very much alive and well and obviously remembers the family tree so, if you want, I'll try to tap into his memory while we still can.

God bless you, Mamie.

Chris

Hi, I know my grandparents lived on oxford when they seperated. but when they were married lived on Ebenezer Street at Shalesmoor.with grans parents.

if you think there is a match I would love to hear from you.

Hi ... Not being nasty but I'm not totally comfortable doing this chat on a public forum. Could you contact me via email and I'll see whether we do in fact have a match? If we don't then it has to be very close and there must be some common ground. My e-mail is delti-c-s@hot-m-ai-l.com (leaving out the dashes) and I'd be only too happy to chat, but 1-1 rather than here. i know you're genuine, but there's nothing to stop other people reading this.

Chris

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...