Mon21 February 2011 - WOLF PEOPLE/Wet Nuns/Jesus Loves Heroin Band @ Harley

e3sa934

I haven't seen this mentioned yet, so here's a heads-up for the forthcoming gig by WOLF PEOPLE at the Harley on Monday 21st February. Tickets are £6.

I've been following this band for a few years now, and seen them a handfull of times in London. They're an excellent live band, all superb musicians, and charming fellows into the bargain. If you've heard their music, but not seen them play live, I'd urge you to come along, they're even better live than on record.

Here's the F*c*b**k blurb ....

WOLF PEOPLE – http://www.wolfpeople.co.uk/

The first British band to be signed to Jagjaguar, Wolf People hail firmly from the stable’s traditional territory of righteously bearded, groove-heavy psych-rock. Their deft weaving of different eras makes them akin to a UK version of White Denim.

File under: Black Sabbath / Led Zeppelin / Black Mountain / Jethro Tull / The Black Keys / Pentangle.

Their debut album ‘Steeple’ was released on 11th October this year and has received sterling reviews from Mojo, NME (7/10), Q (4/5), and Uncut (4/5). This is the quartet's first full-band outing, following on from the Tidings singles compilation of Jack Sharp solo recordings.

Free download of Tiny Circle:

http://www.scjag.com/mp3/jag/tinycircle.mp3

Tiny Circle video:

More live footage on Y**tUb*

Support is from Wet Nuns, another ace (local) and the Jesus Loves Heroin Band

Just a reminder that this is tomorrow night, and on the evidence of my own eyes and ears at their London gig of earlier this week, this is going to be a superb night out.

The band are on top form, the best I've seen them to date (4 gigs, and counting). I don't think they will be playing small venues for much longer .....

All this, and two quality support bands too. I believe that stage times are 8pm, 9pm and 10pm

Heres a link to a half hour video of a live session Wolf People did in Holland:

WOLF PEOPLE - live session

Archived